Little dining table
44" round cherry table for the smallish dining room in the retirement house.  Legs splayed at 5 degrees, just shy of 1-7/8 with a 7/8 radius roundover on all four edges.  Looking back, I should have turned these with a bit of taper to he bottom, or used a 1" radius roundover.  Still look a bit too 'square' for me, even tho I intended to leave them square altogether at the beginning.  Top is something close to 1-1/8 thick, with 7/8 roundover above and chamfer below.  Attached with Rockler fasteners.  The apron profile is similar to Stickley side table I saw in Old House magazine (legs were square on that one).

I whipped up a prototype out of MDF to verify I liked the angles, and because I KNEW I'd screw up the compound miters on the legs if I didn't 'practice'.  That was time well spent. 
Laugh   

I'll be ordering #5 slatback chair kits from Shaker Workshops (their picture).  I think they'll go nicely with the 'simple' design of the table.   Thanks for taking a peek.

Nice table and no offense but—nice chair!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
No apologies need for the legs on that very stylish table.  I think they go really well with the overall design.  Nicely done.  

John
Love it, looks like  building the prototype paid off!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
what every one has already said nice table
i also build a prototype of some projects usually just from scrap
seems to help me with decision making of sizes angles ETC
i have made table prototypes with four different size legs just to see what was liked best
that come out very nice for you
(01-10-2021, 08:21 AM)oakey Wrote: what every one has already said nice table
i also build a prototype of some projects usually just from scrap
seems to help me with decision making of sizes angles ETC
i have made table  prototypes with four different size legs just to see what was liked best
that come out very nice for you

Looks great as-is.  Nice job!
Really like that table.  Clean and comfortable-looking.

Also like the choice of ladderback chair.
Nice table, KC.

Can you let us know about the quality of those chair kits?
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(01-10-2021, 11:29 PM)Martin S. Wrote: Nice table, KC.

Can you let us know about the quality of those chair kits?

Thank you.  I'll do a thread about the chairs when they come, probably early next month.
Nice table. Beautiful work. I also like the choice of chairs. I'm not bothered by the legs. However, I'll make a suggestion in the event you decide to turn them. I would start the taper just below the skirt leaving the rounded square from there up. This would allow the rounded square to gradually transition to a round cross section as it goes to the bottom. This would also keep you from having to change any joinery you have to the table top.