LED Tubes
Does the NEC require diffusers for LED tubes? I remember with the flourescent tubes they were required because the glass might shatter, but the LED tubes are plastic.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
My tube have a plastic outer tube
I think that’s an OSHA thing.
VH07V  
(01-10-2021, 08:19 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I think that’s an OSHA thing.

I think you’re right, or at least, I’ve never seen any such mention in the NEC.

When I worked in a McDonalds when I was in high school, I whipped the giant burger bun heel (the bottoms) spatula out from under them, dropping the dozen onto the finished burgers in one move (SOP at the time), and hit the fluorescent bulbs over head.  Not good.  Not good at all.  Had to shut down the kitchen for an hour to clean up all that glass.  And phosphorus and mercury, I guess, but it was the 70’s, and nobody cared about that part.  
Big eek
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
My T-8 LED replacements are glass tubes. Can't really tell the difference from original T-8's by look or feel. I only buy "ballast bypass". They light with 120v to one end. I have a couple wired directly to a lamp cord. With the plastic tube protectors on them , they are very useful as temp. lights and really can't be beat when you need light under a vehicle.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"