base cabinet layout template
I am building cabinets for a kitchen.  All the base cabinets will be three drawer units except for the under-sink cabinet.   The only changes will be the widths.

I found layout drawings from Blum:  https://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base_i...041204.pdf

Page 1 shows the base cabinets (24" deep) with a full array of shelf holes.  I only want to drill the holes for the hinges and the runners.  Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to post the images.  Hopefully, someone will have the time to take a look at the link. 

Page #1 (which is the third page down) shows the cabinet.

Page #2 (which is the 4th page down) shows the layout for the four drawers.

Neither indicates where the drawer runners mount.  Can someone help me?

I plan on making a template that will allow me to drill all the holes from that one template.  It should be faster and more consistent (and require less measuring and thinking).

I didn't realize that Blum posted all these drawings.  In the past, I've only made face frame cabinets, so this is familiar but different.

(If someone knows how to post these images, please let me know.)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-15-2021, 12:20 PM)Cooler Wrote: I am building cabinets for a kitchen.  All the base cabinets will be three drawer units except for the under-sink cabinet.   The only changes will be the widths.

I found layout drawings from Blum:  https://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base_i...041204.pdf

Page 1 shows the base cabinets (24" deep) with a full array of shelf holes.  I only want to drill the holes for the hinges and the runners.  Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to post the images.  Hopefully, someone will have the time to take a look at the link. 

Page #1 (which is the third page down) shows the cabinet.

Page #2 (which is the 4th page down) shows the layout for the four drawers.

Neither indicates where the drawer runners mount.  Can someone help me?

I plan on making a template that will allow me to drill all the holes from that one template.  It should be faster and more consistent (and require less measuring and thinking).

I didn't realize that Blum posted all these drawings.  In the past, I've only made face frame cabinets, so this is familiar but different.

(If someone knows how to post these images, please let me know.)
Look at pages 6 & 7 of your link.   It depends on what type of drawer slide you are using.    If you are using these drawings get some metric rulers instead of converting.  The hole spacing is measured from inside the bottom on the drawing.   If you are using undermounts for the first time suggest making a mock up as the drawers are sized from the inside of the sides. 
Do not cheap out on the drawer slides, name brand only. I used the Blum undermounts on the kitchen cabinets about 9 years ago and no problems. At the same time I used cheaper undermouns on a separate storage cabinet in the kitchen with far less usage than the other cabinets with the Blums and had to replace the no name undermounts after about 3-4 years. Get the slides before you drill to check measurements. Roly
Draw your own.  You will spend far less time than trying to parse out what you need from those drawings.  If you've built cabinets before this shouldn't be hard.  Euro cabinets don't get much easier; just 4 panels.  If the drawers are the same in all the cabinets make - yes - a story stick, or a full sized template to locate the holes on the cabinet sides.  Cut, drill, glue/screw together.  

John
I think I will make a sample cabinet and derive the dimensions from that.
(01-15-2021, 02:07 PM)Cooler Wrote: I think I will make a sample cabinet and derive the dimensions from that.

What's wrong with paper and pencil?  Worst case, make a full size drawing.  There's no need to waste wood even if it's just plywood.  

John
I would do as others have suggested and go with Blum under mount slides. The front row of holes is 37 mm from the front edge, typical of32 mm construction. This is the ideal location of base plates and the front mounting screw of the slides. Purchase the slides ahead of time and you can determine the set back for the rest of the screw holes. Mount the slides with 5 mm mounting screws.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Thanks for all the replies.
Another vote for the Blum undermount drawer glides.

Some years ago I made a drawer box component for SketchUp designed for use with the Blum undermount hardware. It just drops into the opening and sized based on the dimensions of the opening and the depth of the case. Dimensions for the drawer parts are then correct and can be exported to a cutlist if desired.
I wouldn't worry about that paper. Looks to me like its intended for a commercial shop using a line boring machine.

Its really easy to use spacers to mount the slides start from the bottom.  Mount the bottom slide first, and work your way up, using the spacers you've determined from the layout.

If the drawer placement is the same for all lower units, it makes it really easy and NO measuring!!

You can also use a hole drilling template for the drawer slides.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but its my answer ;-)