Now for the rest of the story
I bought some what I thought was Bolivian Rose from a cabinate shop out east, it was his left overs.  I never had a problem with the wood what so ever. Then I ordered some Bolivian rosewood from a wood dealer for Knobs and bang I had an allergic reaction to it. And then I found out that Bolivian rosewood is not a rosewood ( rosewood look alike) but a different species. Then I bought some East Indian rosewood and never had a problem of any kind. And since I never had any problems with the first wood I bought I figured I was okay since it was not Bolivian rosewood but actual rosewood. Boy did I find out how wrong I was when I started  doing the final sanding on the totes. 

Anyway I didn't have a problem until I started sanding and that was when I hade problems with making knobs, during the sanding portion of the build. This is what I have left and I will need to find someone to finish the final portion before finishing.

Anyway I have 16 totes I need to get finished. Some of them are rough sanded with no problems but I am not planning on finding out personally  which ones are Bolivian and which ones are not. 

Anyway life is interesting.

Tom
I won't volunteer for finishing duty (not a strong suit), but I must compliment you on how good that handles look.
(01-16-2021, 12:42 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I bought some what I thought was Bolivian Rose from a cabinate shop out east, it was his left overs.  I never had a problem with the wood what so ever. Then I ordered some Bolivian rosewood from a wood dealer for Knobs and bang I had an allergic reaction to it. And then I found out that Bolivian rosewood is not a rosewood ( rosewood look alike) but a different species. Then I bought some East Indian rosewood and never had a problem of any kind. And since I never had any problems with the first wood I bought I figured I was okay since it was not Bolivian rosewood but actual rosewood. Boy did I find out how wrong I was when I started  doing the final sanding on the totes. 

Anyway I didn't have a problem until I started sanding and that was when I hade problems with making knobs, during the sanding portion of the build. This is what I have left and I will need to find someone to finish the final portion before finishing.

Anyway I have 16 totes I need to get finished. Some of them are rough sanded with no problems but I am not planning on finding out personally  which ones are Bolivian and which ones are not. 

Anyway life is interesting.

Tom
Beautiful work, Tom !!!!
Winkgrin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Nice looking totes! Will look better with an application or two, or three of finish. Wish I could do something like that. Again, nice work.
These are beautiful. sending them 2 times across the atlantic woul not only cost a fortune, but will leave us with a lot of trouble.

What aboput waitung for the spring, a day with light wind and a good respiration mask?

Cheers
Pedder
(01-17-2021, 03:38 AM)Pedder Wrote: These are beautiful. sending them 2 times across the atlantic woul not only cost a fortune, but will leave us with a lot of trouble.

What aboput waitung for the spring, a day with light wind and a good respiration mask?

Cheers
Pedder

I think dust on the skin causes problems too

Tom
Ah, I see.

Sorry to say, but maybe, the best use is to burn them?

Cheers
Pedder
(01-20-2021, 04:32 AM)Pedder Wrote: Ah, I see.

Cheers
Pedder

Wait Wait: before you burn them: nitrile gloves and a tyvek suit if necessary. If you had a dust collection system with a HEPA filter, you could create your own glove box so to speak and capture most of the dust before it migrates to places it shouldn't. If you don't have a HEPA setup, I'd be cautious about re-circulating the allergen back into the air. Thats all I've got.
Also before burning, it might be worth a check to see if anyone on woodnet would be willing to final sand and finish them for you.  The cost for shipping both ways and a little waiting would be better than burning.
(01-20-2021, 04:32 AM)Pedder Wrote: Ah, I see.

Cheers
Pedder
That isn't going to happen. I'll get someone to finish sanding for me.