Genie garage door opener
I had to replace a Craftsman garage door opener and bought a Genie.  The Craftsman had a feature where if the door was open and you would trip the safety switch the lights would come on but The Genie doesn't do this.  Is there a way I can get that feature.
This company advertises that they still sell Craftsman OEM remotes:

https://www.northshorecommercialdoor.com...gLICfD_BwE
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Don't know about your Genie but Plan B might be to get a motion sensor activated light switch, about $15.
(01-18-2021, 08:28 AM)Cooler Wrote: This company advertises that they still sell Craftsman OEM remotes:

https://www.northshorecommercialdoor.com...gLICfD_BwE
I don't need a new remote I have 4 working ones. My craftsman unit isn't reliable when the weather turns real hot or real cold.  As long as it is 35 to 80 F it works fine but if it is hotter or colder it may work or may not.  That is why I replaced the unit.
I have Craftsman power garage door openers, but all my cars for the last 10 years have their own built in garage door openers.  

Are you sure it is the remote that is at issue and not the opener itself?
(01-18-2021, 04:23 PM)Cooler Wrote: I have Craftsman power garage door openers, but all my cars for the last 10 years have their own built in garage door openers.  

Are you sure it is the remote that is at issue and not the opener itself?
Read my original post the Craftsman was replaced not because of the remote.  The Genie does not trip the lights when you pass through the safety beam like the Craftsman did.  The sensor light switch will not work as the my truck blocks the sensor.  I see that Chamberlin has an add on that will do this but I can't get an answer from Genie.  I wish now that I would have bought another Craftsman as the Genie was supposed to be a better unit with battery back up
You know I think you can download a universal remote to your phone

Laugh
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Why am I getting all these suggestions for remotes.  I have working remotes.  I want the lights to come on when I break the beam of the safety sensors like my old Craftsman how hard is that to understand. I tried calling Genie but the wait was 2 hours maybe I should have bought something that was more reliable it that many people are having problems. I didn't cheap out and buy a no name product and it doesn't even have features that my old basic Craftsman had.
I finally got a hold of Genie and they told me none of their openers have that feature and they get many calls from people that has Craftsman or Chamberlin openers.  They don't even have an add on unit that could be used.  They did say their control boards are better than the others.  I guess I will have to live with this unit as I am not taking it down and replacing it with another unit.  I may put up sensor lights above this unit
(01-18-2021, 04:43 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Read my original post the Craftsman was replaced not because of the remote.  The Genie does not trip the lights when you pass through the safety beam like the Craftsman did.  The sensor light switch will not work as the my truck blocks the sensor.  I see that Chamberlin has an add on that will do this but I can't get an answer from Genie.  I wish now that I would have bought another Craftsman as the Genie was supposed to be a better unit with battery back up

My Craftsman door operators do not light the overhead lights with the safety sensors by the door.  It lights the overhead light when a vehicle or person passes under the motor. 

I have three ways to turn on the overhead lights.

1.  Open or close the door.
2.  Press the on switch on the wall-mounted door operator button
3.  Drive under, or walk under the motor and a sensor turns on the lights.

The original remotes might have a button too.  I don't know. I only use the remote that is built into my cars.