Genie garage door opener
(01-19-2021, 04:12 PM)Cooler Wrote: My Craftsman door operators do not light the overhead lights with the safety sensors by the door.  It lights the overhead light when a vehicle or person passes under the motor. 

I have three ways to turn on the overhead lights.

1.  Open or close the door.
2.  Press the on switch on the wall-mounted door operator button
3.  Drive under, or walk under the motor and a sensor turns on the lights.

The original remotes might have a button too.  I don't know. I only use the remote that is built into my cars.
Walking under the door is what I wanted the sensors trip the light.   Loved that feature as I come in after dark with the door up and the lights are off as soon as you trip the sensors the light comes on and I can see what the Grandkid or wife left in the way
Fixtureman

Unfortunately, many readers find themselves compelled to reply to posts without even reading the original question.  On top of that, most have no idea what they are talking about when they reply.  As for the manufacturer, I have had Craftsman, Chamberlain and Genie.  I can't remember who made the Craftsman opener.  I think for a while, they were built by Chamberlain.  As for the Genie brand, they are at the bottom of the list for features and design.  They tend to base their product to be built cheap.  They use a lot of plastics in moving parts and can break easily.  The Chamberlain has a nice range of openers to suit different prices and the features increase with the price.  One of the Chamberlains I installed for my parents had the feature of turning the light on when you disrupt the beam at the door.   The high end Craftsman had a motion sensor built in that would turn on the light when it detected movement and it was dark.  I liked that better.  As for Genie, never again.
(01-19-2021, 06:44 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Walking under the door is what I wanted the sensors trip the light.   Loved that feature as I come in after dark with the door up and the lights are off as soon as you trip the sensors the light comes on and I can see what the Grandkid or wife left in the way

You know you can get a remote from your phone for that.  
Laugh  
This time I am being serious I bought a light socket that works on blue tooth I can turn on the light from anywhere.  Kasa is the program that runs it  I have another that controls a lamp.  As for garage door I believe Chamberlain has one that will alert you when the door opens, allows opening and closing and the lights from anywhere.  I own one but it is in a rental so I have no experience with it other than the install.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(01-19-2021, 07:45 PM)Bob10 Wrote: You know you can get a remote from your phone for that.  
Laugh  
This time I am being serious I bought a light socket that works on blue tooth I can turn on the light from anywhere.  Kasa is the program that runs it  I have another that controls a lamp.  As for garage door I believe Chamberlain has one that will alert you when the door opens, allows opening and closing and the lights from anywhere.  I own one but it is in a rental so I have no experience with it other than the install.

only if you carry a phone
(01-19-2021, 06:44 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Walking under the door is what I wanted the sensors trip the light.   Loved that feature as I come in after dark with the door up and the lights are off as soon as you trip the sensors the light comes on and I can see what the Grandkid or wife left in the way

The easiest resolution would be to add an independent light with motion sensor.  They are cheap and they work well.  And ridiculously easy to install.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-19-2021, 07:45 PM)Bob10 Wrote: You know you can get a remote from your phone for that.  
Laugh  

Blue Tooth has a maximum range of 33 feet assuming a clear line of sight to the receiver.  This means you have to be in the garage for the signal to work.  By the time you open the application, allow it to connect, it is faster to just use the light switch.
(01-20-2021, 08:48 AM)Cooler Wrote: The easiest resolution would be to add an independent light with motion sensor.  They are cheap and they work well.  And ridiculously easy to install.

This        Roly
If you are doing custom garage doors, you can discuss all your preferences with the technician. I changed mine this spring. A friend of mine recommended SPAM URL DELETED to me because my garage door broke one night. That's when I decided to install motion sensors in front of my garage door. I also connected the door to my home automation and synced it with an app on my smartphone. Now coming home late is much more comfortable, especially when our street lights go out. I had to get out of my car and turn on the light in my yard. But now I do it from my phone.

I swear the chamberlain motion activated light is more annoying than not having a motion activated light.

It will turn off when you are still in the garage and not turn back on for just long enough that you trip over something.
(11-15-2021, 11:26 AM)Carthus Wrote: Hmm, that sounds like a really great feature for a garage door. Actually, I think you could install such a thing on your Genie garage door.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=36812]
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]