What is the best idea to do with feature wall over fireplace!
Information 
I'm refreshing my living room but need some ideas of what to put up on the newly bumped out feature wall over the fireplace... and that doesn't break the bank.

Ideas anyone?
An 80" flat screen TV!!!

Actually we need more information about the room and the way the family uses the room.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I agree that some more information is beneficial.  Some questions that come to mind:

- Does the wall need to fit a certain style?  Mid-century modern?  Sleek/modern?  Metal finishes?  Country house?  Rustic?

- How large is the wall expanse?

- Gas fireplace or wood-burning?  This could make a difference in materials used.

- How "handy" are the people who will do this work?

- "Not break the bank" is very subjective; some might be looking at a DIY effort of $200, while others think $2000 is the limit.

There are some materials at the home improvement center that may fit the need at what I think is a reasonable cost, but much depends on more inputs.
Do you have any pictures to show the area?
In spite of all the good questions, I’ll get the ball rolling by showing what we did in an old farmhouse.

Attached Files Image(s)

You need a Rembrandt.
Last one I did got covered in solid cherry paneling.

Ed
Try Googling "fireplace decor" for ideas on "Google Images".
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)
Thank you so much, Guys