Delivery today. I am getting excited.
I have a good and versatile dowel jig, but it is a bit slow to use.

I ordered the CMT dowel jig, which is not very versatile, but is supposed to be very fast to use on sheet goods.  It is not imported to the USA.  I ordered it from Amazon.DE (Germany) where it was back-ordered. 

I got an email from DHL informing me that it will be delivered today.  I will test it out over the weekend and tell you what I think.

https://youtu.be/8MMBhrF24Do

Note:  IGM is a major distributor of woodworking equipment in the Czech Republic.  They have the CMT jig re-branded to their company name.  It is the same jig.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Interesting set up.  Never saw a jig like that.
Also note that they use 35mm long x 8mm diameter dowels.  (About 1.4" x 0.315"). 

About 0.5" goes into the flat side of the plywood leaving about 0.200" wall left before penetrating. 

The balance goes into the edge of the plywood. 

This asymmetrical depth is supposed to keep the plywood (or particleboard or MDF) from splitting on the edges.  I will have to test that.  I would think there is a reasonable chance that the dowels would crack first. 

In any event,  the setup appears to be very quick.  I have already received the dowel drill.  It fits neatly into an 18mm drilled hole, so I could easily make my own drilling templates. 

It was a gamble.  I had to import the setup.  I placed the order from Amazon.de (Germany).  The drill bit arrived from Germany.  One component arrived today but I have not seen it.  It came from Amazon in Spain. 

The third component is supposed to arrive on Saturday and is coming from Milan--so Amazon in Italy. 

The drill bits are the same as the CMT bits for their boring machines (which are sold in the USA).  So those are easily replaced.  I don't see too much chance that there will be a need for spare parts for the rest of the unit. 

The proof will be when I test it out.  I will report when I do.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
That would be very handy making cabinets or shelving units in the garage or shop. 
Big Grin

I didn't see it on Amazon, but looked it up by the part number in the vid...

https://www.igmtools.com/category/woodwo...nges-jigs/
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
To the extent you’re interested in PODS, I did that with a full shop from IL to CA when FIL passed a few months ago, and it was about $3400 including the cost of the pod drop off, pickup, hauling, drop off and removal from our property. It’s not inexpensive, but was definitely less than a moving company.