1998 Hegner Multicut 2-S?
One of these came up near me for fairly cheap and I'm tempted, though I don't need a scroll saw to replace my basically brand new mid-90's Delta machine.  I only scrolled for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and while I loved it and understand the amazing flexibility offered by a good scroll saw, I don't really need to replace what I have now.

Should I consider buying this?  What should I look at if you (known enablers) convince me to go see it?  It's 1.5 hours from me.

I know new Hegners sell for big money and I've heard nothing but great praise for them, but don't know if this extends to older machines.

Thanks!
Semper fi,
Brad

Here is a good site to look at for scrolling.
https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
I have a very lightly used Hegner that I got from a retired former co-worker when his wife made him give up power tools. It works well and is a joy to use. Biggest issue is the 3-legged base and putting it on wheels to move it around the shop. A 3-sided mobile base with locking wheels is on the ToDo list. With it sitting on a furniture dolly, it is not a bad height to use while sitting on a shop stool.

I picked up a 2nd one from a GSA auction along with some other power tools in the lot. That one is in the future-projects category because of materials breakdown of the air pump and some sawdust clogging.

I have 2 nieces that do woodworking and these will go to them when it is time to pass them along.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.