Disston Saw, Tool and File Manual
Came across this quite by accident and thoroughly enjoyed the read. Note the copyright date: the coming events were no doubt unimaginable to the mechanics plying their craft at the time. Kudos to thisoldworkshop.com for providing this.

(01-23-2021, 10:21 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: Came across this quite by accident and thoroughly enjoyed the read. Note the copyright date: the coming events were no doubt unimaginable to the mechanics plying their craft at the time. Kudos to thisoldworkshop.com for providing this.

Well, for one, I certainly have a dress code in my shop requiring a dress shirt and tie! 
Laugh  Sweater vests are optional!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-23-2021, 10:21 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: Came across this quite by accident and thoroughly enjoyed the read. Note the copyright date: the coming events were no doubt unimaginable to the mechanics plying their craft at the time. Kudos to thisoldworkshop.com for providing this.

Very Cool !

Thanks for sharing 

-Brian
What a wonderful resource. Thanks for posting!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
WWII started in 1939 in Europe, so folks were well aware of unrest. WWI ended only 21 years prior in 1918. Still plenty of people alive who remembered "The Great War." I would imagine Disston, like so many other industrial companies, made the shift into wartime production in WWII. Many a saw would have seen service with the Seabees and Army Corps of Engineers. And not to long after WWII that Disston's decline began as power tools began to take over from hand tools.

Still, a very good reference.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-23-2021, 11:35 AM)Admiral Wrote: Well, for one, I certainly have a dress code in my shop requiring a dress shirt and tie! 
Laugh  Sweater vests are optional!!

In my shop, pants and footgear are required, anything else is optional. Right now, I need to add a shirt and jacket or at least a vest. Anyhoo, the point of this post is to say thank you for the PDF link.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
“Admiral” Wrote:Well, for one, I certainly have a dress code in my shop requiring a dress shirt and tie!
I see a serious safety issue...if that tie gets caught in that hand saw, it could drag him down and strangle him!
Wink
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Video 
Thanks for posting this.  After scrolling through it, I finally found out that Disston made the little torpedo level I inherited from my uncle.  For some reason, Disston marked it only with its model number, A-10; but it's a very distinctive design, as illustrated on page 41 of the catalog.