Steel Fence Rails on < $1500 Table Saw?
I may be blurry from too much looking, but all the saws either have obvious aluminum extrusions for fence rails or they appear indeterminate. Does anyone know of a saw in this price range with steel rails?

Having lived with a Ridgid, I was always afraid of bumping the rails.

Does anyone have recommendations for a saw in the <= $1500 range?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Are you looking to *only* buy new?

Used Powermatic 66 and Delta Unisaws have steel rails and are generally much less expensive than $1500 while offering wonderful ability. 

Are you wholly opposed to extruded aluminum?

I have an Incra TS-LS on my Powermatic 66.  It's almost wholly constructed of extruded aluminum and it's the cats meow.
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-23-2021, 10:44 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Are you looking to *only* buy new?

Used Powermatic 66 and Delta Unisaws have steel rails and are generally much less expensive than $1500 while offering wonderful ability. 

Are you wholly opposed to extruded aluminum?

I have an Incra TS-LS on my Powermatic 66.  It's almost wholly constructed of extruded aluminum and it's the cats meow.

There has been the occasional cabinet saw offered on Craigslist - usually thrashed. I am unable to get such a machine into my truck and would have an equal problem getting a chunk of metal like that out of the truck. Being a total klutz when it comes to things mechanical, the chances are that I could not correctly diagnose a problem much less repair it correctly. If I can find a seller who is willing to transport a working machine, then yes, I am interested. The Ridgid style aluminum fence rails do not hold a candle to the Incra LS. You are talking Peterbilt versus Fiat.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
There's Grizzly.  Link

John
(01-24-2021, 03:28 PM)jteneyck Wrote: There's Grizzly.  Link

John
Thanks, John. Although it looks to be a Biesmeyer style fence, it doesn't say so , therefore I classed as indeterminate.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(01-24-2021, 09:14 PM)cputnam Wrote: Thanks, John.  Although it looks to be a Biesmeyer style fence, it doesn't say so , therefore I classed as indeterminate.

Curt:  Here's the spec sheet, go to page two:  https://cdn0.grizzly.com/specsheets/g1023rl_ds.pdf

Says steel.  Bies never patented the design, so once everyone figured that out, they started cloning them, and this is one.  This fits your bill!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks Rich. I've excised the jobsite saws from my head. The battle now is the $1,000 premium for a Sawstop. I'm trying to weigh the probability of me screwing up and needing a trip to the ER vs. the SS premium. Then it simply a matter of getting in the queue.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(01-24-2021, 09:14 PM)cputnam Wrote: Thanks, John.  Although it looks to be a Biesmeyer style fence, it doesn't say so , therefore I classed as indeterminate.

Is there a problem with an intermediate fence ?  Whatever that is.
(01-31-2021, 10:46 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Is there a problem with an intermediate fence ?  Whatever that is.
I had aluminum rails on my Ridgid 3612/ They won't take an impact nor much strain and I just do not want them
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard