#6 bailey for sale
The #6, also called the fore plane, is am interesting plane. It is the plane that is used to do a lot of the pre-work for the #7. But it is also a good jointer for wood less than 4 ft. long. According to Chris Swartz the jointer is where The money needs to be spent to make sure the bottom is flat.

Anyway this plane has been precision ground and is flat within .001. The sides have been ground square with the bottom and the blade has been touched up so the top is also flat so no or very little honing is needed when sharpening.  The secondary angle on the blade has been roughed in so to sharper only the cutting edge needs to be stoned in. The knob and tote are rosewood and the tote has been repaired. The plane has been stripped and repainted.

I ground it a few years ago and there is a little porosity showing at the tail. Most woodworkers like to do their own sharpening but I will sharpen and lap for $5 extra.

Asking #115 plus shipping And pictures should say it all.

And for $15 more I am willing to exchange the present knob and tote to new rosewood.

Thanks for looking

Tom

PS: There is a pant date of April 19-10
Sold pending payment.