Posting Pics help needed please
(10-29-2022, 06:26 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Thanks again
But the forum never uploads the photo, yes smaller than 1 mb
So after I choose photo, then hit the add button, nothing at all.
So I guess no more photos.  Never had such a hassle loading photos to a forum……

You have to:
1) browse and select picture file and click Open
2) click on Add Attachment - when the page updates your file name should be below the Browse button
3) select where in editor window you want the picture
4) click on Insert Into Post

Browse and select does not upload the pic.

"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I'm having the same problem.

I follow the proscribed process. I click the Choose File button then
2) click on Add Attachment - when the page updates your file name should be below the Browse button
4) click on Insert Into Post - This button never appears. And the file name is gone from next to the Choose File button.

I've tried this multiple times. Always the same result. Unfortunately, not being able to post photos means I can't sell anything on Woodnet.
Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
(11-02-2022, 02:53 PM)cpolubin Wrote: I'm having the same problem.

4) click on Insert Into Post - This button never appears. And the file name is gone from next to the Choose File button.

I've tried this multiple times. Always the same result. Unfortunately, not being able to post photos means I can't sell anything on Woodnet.
Cliff

sending you a PM
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(11-02-2022, 02:53 PM)cpolubin Wrote: I'm having the same problem.

Cliff

test using win10 and firefox

what I saw:

after Browse/Open:

after Add Attachment:

after I selected cursor location in editor window and hit Insert Into Post:

are you saying that Add Attachment removes the file name from next to Browse and that the file name never appears below Browse?

(10-29-2022, 06:26 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Thanks again
But the forum never uploads the photo, yes smaller than 1 mb
So after I choose photo, then hit the add button, nothing at all.
So I guess no more photos.  Never had such a hassle loading photos to a forum……

Is the pic either a jpg or png? If WN does not recognize the file type, it won't upload it.

Fred_K could address this better than me, but, if you are on an Apple product, you may have to manually add the file extension to the file name.