Cedar Chest Tray
I'm finalizing my plans for cedar chests I'm going to build for my Granddaughters.  I have a couple old Lane cedar chests that belonged to my mother and grandmother.  They both have a top tray that lifts up as the lid is opened.  I would like to do that with the chests I'm making, but I cannot find hardware.  The chests tray mechanisms are different on each chest.  My grandmothers chest has a very specific mechanism for the tray, while my mother's chest uses what looks like a basic lid support with pivot arms about 8" long each, with the tray attached to the back arm which is attached to the lid.  I think I could come up with a way to do the tray using the lid supports if I could find some that long.  I've attached photos of these mechanisms.  My mother's chest only has the tray sides left.   Would appreciate any help on where to find this hardware or any other ideas on installing a tray lift.

Thanks
Lamar

Attached Files Image(s)