OSB vs plywood shelving
i like the idea of the bi-fold doors.

A calculator for sagging shelves
http://www.woodbin.com/calcs/sagulator/
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
(01-29-2021, 12:10 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Nice brackets Ed.
Where they from?

Thanks, I made them from 2" x 2" x 1/8 steel angle.

Ed
Yes. Hollow core is a great idea.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I was once commissioned to replicate shelving for a woman secretly remodeling her husbands man cave. He had OSB shelving sets of 5 shelves high 36" wide, and  24" deep, made with 3/4" OSB.

She wanted exact copies and when I mentioned the shelves all were sagging in the front middle, she told me I had come highly recommended and my reputation was I could do wonders.

So, O made brand new OSB shelving that sagged in the front middle.
Big Grin

Fairly simple, actually. I cut the shelves 1/4" wider on each side of each shelf at the front and glued them in place with weights and clamps. Exact copies.
Big Grin
If you are going to paint osb shelves plan on spraying as a paint brush is not much fun.
My .02
Karl

These are not going to be fancy enough to paint. I think my options are actually limited. It doesn't look like they carry 3/4" OSB at the store near me. I will probably just spend the extra money on plywood.
I used 3/4 CDX, 24” deep, 2x4 sub structure with other supports spaced out
1/2” OSB $34

3/4 Sanded ply $46

Why would anyone even consider OSB for shelves much less the price?
(02-12-2021, 09:07 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: 1/2” OSB $34

3/4 Sanded ply $46

Why would anyone even consider OSB for shelves much less the price?

I seldom use 1/2" OSB, and I'd choke hard on your prices listed.

It's $23.00 here.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-03-2021, 09:24 PM)measure once cut remeasure Wrote: If you are going to paint osb shelves plan on spraying as a paint brush is not much fun.

Use a roller, prime first (primer is cheaper) to fill and seal. A roller makes short work of it and lays down a lot more paint than a brush.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS