Centering bushing guide on DW621 router
I bought a round base router plate from Pat Warner (I think) years ago because the base on the 621 doesn't have much area.  The bushing guide was way not centered, but I 'worked around that' for the most by not rotating the router once I started.   Figured it was a problem with Pat's hole position.  Wanting more precision, I ordered a new universal base with holes for about 30 different routers.  This has some 'slop' in the holes for fine adjustment, but still not enough to center the guide bushings using the centering pin.  The collet for my Bosch router fits the DeWalt also, so it's not the collet.  Is this a known issue with the DW621 plunge?  I can probably ream out the holes a bit on the plate to 'fix' it, but stuff like this irritates me. 
Confused
Years ago I ran into the same thing with one of Mr. Warner's bases for the DW621, too. His website indicated that it the hole in the middle would be centered on the bit but it wasn't. I wrote to ask him about it and he brushed it off as DeWalt's problem. It was clear there would be no point going further with him so the plate went up into a cabinet never to be used. Unfortunate because prior to that I had a great deal of respect for him.

I wound up making my own plate. I mounted an undrilled plate and started a hole with the router.
I made a plate for my old PC and to allow me to center drilled counterbored oversized holes for the screws. I think that maybe that's the easiest thing for you to do. If you can't mod the existing holes, just rotate the base slightly and drill new ones.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-29-2021, 12:01 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: Years ago I ran into the same thing with one of Mr. Warner's bases for the DW621, too. His website indicated that it the hole in the middle would be centered on the bit but it wasn't. I wrote to ask him about it and he brushed it off as DeWalt's problem. It was clear there would be no point going further with him so the plate went up into a cabinet never to be used. Unfortunate because prior to that I had a great deal of respect for him.

I wound up making my own plate. I mounted an undrilled plate and started a hole with the router.

Thinking back, I'm pretty sure Pat sent me a second one when the first had problems.  I'm thinking now he was right... it's a problem with the router, not his plate.  I'm gonna ream the holes a bit in the universal base.
(01-29-2021, 11:50 AM)KC Wrote: I bought a round base router plate from Pat Warner (I think) years ago because the base on the 621 doesn't have much area.  The bushing guide was way not centered, but I 'worked around that' for the most by not rotating the router once I started.   Figured it was a problem with Pat's hole position.  Wanting more precision, I ordered a new universal base with holes for about 30 different routers.  This has some 'slop' in the holes for fine adjustment, but still not enough to center the guide bushings using the centering pin.  The collet for my Bosch router fits the DeWalt also, so it's not the collet.  Is this a known issue with the DW621 plunge?  I can probably ream out the holes a bit on the plate to 'fix' it, but stuff like this irritates me. 
Confused

I had the exact same problem. Same router, same base. Luckily I had a friend with a milling machine, and he made some enlarged, counterbored holes.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site