Osage orange.
I got a free chunk of Osage orange a while back and just finished a bowl. I wanted to try something new. I normally rough turn and let dry in a box of shavings for three to four months. This time I turned it all the way down to finish. I put it in the drying box for one week. After that I took it out and lightly touched it up with the bowl gouge. Then I sanded it to 800 and put three coats of wipe on poly on it. It is not as orange as I thought but I have been told it will darken with age. I am hoping it won’t warp much if any. I love not having to dry it for three to four months.
Sorry had to resize the picture.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks good from here.

I have never tried turning from green to finish.  I visited a professional turnner's shop who did it a lot.  But he took some unususal steps to get remarkable results.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(02-01-2021, 11:38 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Looks good from here.

I have never tried turning from green to finish.  I visited a professional turnner's shop who did it a lot.  But he took some unususal steps to get remarkable results.

Also possible to turn/dry/turn by doing nothing with what you rough until it's ready.  A bit of knowledge from Hoadley either as himself or as unnamed writer in The Wood Handbook on the forest products lab website is all that's required.  Too many "famous names" with unusual steps and arcane methods apparently haven't done so.  

Does require someplace out of extreme dry or extreme damp to equalize the rough for a couple months.  I use garage in fall, winter and spring and my basement floor in summer.  Can't remember last time I lost a piece. 

Noting that the NICE bodark bowl features quarter grain on a flat bottom,  it's worth mentioning that it's one of the only ways to get away with such a broad based, vertical-sided piece.  Such with heart up is begging for failure.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.