Powermatic PM2014
Had to get her dusty

Attached Files Image(s)

I feel like I am swamping this thread topic. New SuperNova chuck on the way.
(02-09-2021, 11:36 AM)charliez Wrote: I feel like I am swamping this thread topic.  New SuperNova chuck on the way.

It's your thread. We are all interested.

Keep it coming.
Big Grin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
new grinding station setup. Rikon slow speed grinder with the PSI setup. I'll have some time grinding all the tools, as Ive been winging them on a belt sander forever. And I'm having a weggie for segments 3D printed. I'm going to see about my own version of them with a feature i haven't seen anyone do yet. I"m doing the 15 degree first and I'll test it then have a complete set printed. I'll need to make a new sled and I have some mdf that's been a in the way for a year I've been saving for this.
How is it going with the new lathe?
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
Don't have pics available right now but...

I spent some time during the great Texas Panic Week of 2021working on tool grinds and dong a little "practice" turning to see how they are cutting, and to decide what changes I want to make with how it's mounted. I decided to not build a steel framework. Instead, I cut the end off the L shaped workbench I have that it's mounted to, and made it shorter and lower. That seems to put it just right and I can slide the head down for outboard turning bigger things. I am gong to make my own lower bed extension. I already have the steel for it.

I have figured out that there's no good way to shop vac out down n the bed so the rebuild benchtop got some holes added so it can be cleaned out now. I'm also not gong to make a tailstock swig away. It's really not that big of a deal to just set it aside. Once i add the bed extension, I won't have far to move it.

More news to come later in the day.
Here is a few pics form something I've done already.  One is a small Sumac bowl.  It was just a piece that someone gave me a long time ago in a wood trade by mail thing. The other is a tray my son wanted for his dresser to put keys and change on.   It was just  apiece of inch thick oak board I got from a flooring shop that was throwing it out.   There is no design thoughts or plans for wither of these.  it was just to put something in there and try it out projects.  The finish on bot is Johnson's paste wax.  It's all I have right now.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sumac Bowl..........

Attached Files Image(s)

Oak key platter,,,,,,,,,,

Attached Files Image(s)

Oak key platter,,,,,,,,,,

Attached Files Image(s)