Firepit chairs are done!!!
Here's a few pictures of the finished chairs (8 of them!!)

All I have left to do is install little pad on the bottom.....I have some leftover Trex from the ramp I built to our shed about 15 years ago (see?  throw NOTHING OUT!!!! 
Smile ).   1 or 2 chairs have a slight wobble  (I know, I know..."They'll be on the ground, why deal with the wobble?"  A few might make it up to the pool deck so I'd like them to be flat).  I can mill a differing size pad for the wobbly leg.

Now she wants side tables to hold your drinks!!!!! 
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Those look GREAT! 

Thanks for sharing the journey
Nice! That was a lot of work. May I ask what wood they are made from and are you going to put a finish on them. I am guessing what ever the wife wants. 

RonL
Wow, nice job!  That looks like a ton of work and I enjoyed your build-along thread, too.

Paul
(02-04-2021, 02:14 PM)RonL Wrote: Nice! That was a lot of work. May I ask what wood they are made from and are you going to put a finish on them. I am guessing what ever the wife wants. 

RonL

They're made from white cedar.  I bought 4 5" x 5" x 8ft cedar fence posts.

We'd like to them to age like teak (the friend's chair I copied), but we're not sure how to have white cedar look like teak.  We've got a few months here (in Mass) before we can use them so I've got time to figure it out.
Dumber than I appear
Very well done, take a few days rest...you deserve it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nice work.  
Yes
(02-04-2021, 03:43 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Very well done, take a few days rest...you deserve it.

Ummm....Fred????    Ain't you married too???   

Ain't no rest here either
Dumber than I appear
Anyone who can convert fence posts into a set of patio chairs earns my respect......Bravo! Well done!
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.