Dust Collection Piping
I am looking for recommendations on what material I should use for my dust collection piping. Material I was looking at is standard plumbing pvc pipe sch40, metal ductwork, and pvc pipe sch20. The only reason I looked at the sch20 is rocklers fittings are sized to connect directly to it. Let me know the pros and cons of of each system you own. Thank you.
Schedule 40 stuff can get to be very heavy when you're lifting it to hand from the ceiling (if that's the plan). It also costs more and is overkill for DC. Stick to the thinwall (ATSM-D2729 written on the side). This stuff goes by a lot of nicknames, so loook for the marking instead of relying on Skippy Stockboy to steer you the right way. Your point about the Rockler fittings is a surprise to me, I didn't know any DC fittings connected directly to it. 
Laugh. But that would be another reason. If you intend to go with 6" ducting it's a lot harder to find in thinwall. If you have a Menards near by most of the stock 3034, not as light as 2729, but still considered thinwall. But also price out what you want in metal. 26 gauge in snaplock will work for the straights...the hardest part will be finding wyes.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Recent discussion.

https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7358106
(02-05-2021, 08:50 AM)mike9 Wrote: I am looking for recommendations on what material I should use for my dust collection piping. Material I was looking at is standard plumbing pvc pipe sch40, metal ductwork, and pvc pipe sch20. The only reason I looked at the sch20 is rocklers fittings are sized to connect directly to it. Let me know the pros and cons of of each system you own. Thank you.

Just did this. Using schedule 20 (sewer & drain) everywhere, i.e. 6" overhead trunk lines, necking down to two 4" terminations at the walls of the shop. One termination has a wye; one leg of the wye goes directly to the jointer (which stays in the same spot), the other to my DustRIGHT hose for most everything else. I used the Rockler connectors for pretty much everything as I wanted consistency. All my stationary tools are on wheels. I've found Rockler to be very nice to deal with and their web site is one of the very best I've ever seen - great explanatory videos!

The other leg of my setup is dedicated to my Dewalt RAS. One of the things I especially like about the Rockler system is that with the DustRIGHT hose and handle you can get effective dust collection to any tool in the shop without having to run a dedicated line to it - very flexible. Rockler's fittings work very well with 4" S&D PVC.

I'm presently installing a Wynn filter on my Penn State dust collector and plan to post with pictures when it's completed. Having to make a "donut" out of plywood for the baffle on which to mount the filter, the last piece of the puzzle.

Good luck with your system! Re-doing mine is long overdue and I'm glad I decided to do it.

Doug
I used sewr and drain pipe like sugested above. Much cheaper and is MORE than strong eneogh. Fittings are the greatest cost. Pipng is reasonable. As with any system use gradual turns. No sharp 90's if possible. There is one spot I had to use a sharp 90. had to cut it apart and add a clean out. Not often but still had to do it. had to do it where pipng went under a beam and wanted to keep the headroom
Lots of good advice above, I used schedule 20- 6" mains necked down to 4" for the drops. Rockler's 4" stable gates are 'da bomb with a mounting flange with screw holes molded at 90* to the slide gate. I have them at almost every machine--9 drops total including one for cleanup.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I've used metal since I started over 20 years ago.  I use a combination of Nordfab and standard metal fittings.  Nordfab is so nice when you need to change things around, but good lord, it's not for the faint of heart...$$$

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Back in '02 I installed an Oneida cyclone. Purchased HVAC duct from the local HVAC supply the same gauge Oneida recommended.  At the time, HVAC duct was substantially cheaper. Have no idea if that still holds true today, but might be something to consider. I did install the Oneida wyes, blast gates, etc.
The Wynn filter is a great upgrade. I put one on my HF dust collector and what a difference.  I also have the dust deputy XL installed before it to catch the heavy stuff.
I just did a spreadsheet comparing sewer and drain pvc and snap lock metal. The metal dustwork came out cheaper. Lowes actually came out lower than any of the online suppliers. If I remember I used some harder to find parts from Kencraft in Toledo.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski