Breadboard Ends Finally Installed
Beautiful work, John! Do you have any pictures of the mortises in the breadboard ends and how they were done?

Thanks,

Doug
Beautiful work.  ...
(02-08-2021, 12:52 AM)Tapper Wrote: Beautiful work, John! Do you have any pictures of the mortises in the breadboard ends and how they were done?

Thanks,

Doug

Thanks.  Yes, I covered that in an earlier post: Link

John
looks great! forgive me if you answered this elsewhere, but what's the reasoning for using bolts to attach the BB ends? (as opposed to, say, a draw-bored pin?) Do you need to be able to remove them?
(02-08-2021, 11:43 AM)mound Wrote: looks great! forgive me if you answered this elsewhere, but what's the reasoning for using bolts to attach the BB ends? (as opposed to, say, a draw-bored pin?) Do you need to be able to remove them?

I thought I was going to install the breadboards at the time of delivery, in order to keep the weight down that we would have to carry.  That's why I decided on the Zipbolts.  But along the way I decided to go ahead and install them in my shop, to eliminate any on-site drama that might happen.  The center tenon is glued so the Zipbolts are just there to pull the ends tight to the field, and as it turned out I could just as easily have used the classic slot and peg method, which is how I installed the breadboard ends on the bench seat.  

John