Breadboard Ends Finally Installed
  Re: Breadboard Ends Finally Installed by jteneyck (You might be wonderi...)
Beautiful work, John! Do you have any pictures of the mortises in the breadboard ends and how they were done?

Thanks,

Doug
Beautiful work.  ...
  Re: RE: Breadboard Ends Finally Installed by Tapper (Beautiful work, John...)
(02-08-2021, 12:52 AM)Tapper Wrote: Beautiful work, John! Do you have any pictures of the mortises in the breadboard ends and how they were done?

Thanks,

Doug

Thanks.  Yes, I covered that in an earlier post: Link

John
looks great! forgive me if you answered this elsewhere, but what's the reasoning for using bolts to attach the BB ends? (as opposed to, say, a draw-bored pin?) Do you need to be able to remove them?
  Re: RE: Breadboard Ends Finally Installed by mound (looks great! forgive...)
(02-08-2021, 11:43 AM)mound Wrote: looks great! forgive me if you answered this elsewhere, but what's the reasoning for using bolts to attach the BB ends? (as opposed to, say, a draw-bored pin?) Do you need to be able to remove them?

I thought I was going to install the breadboards at the time of delivery, in order to keep the weight down that we would have to carry.  That's why I decided on the Zipbolts.  But along the way I decided to go ahead and install them in my shop, to eliminate any on-site drama that might happen.  The center tenon is glued so the Zipbolts are just there to pull the ends tight to the field, and as it turned out I could just as easily have used the classic slot and peg method, which is how I installed the breadboard ends on the bench seat.  

John