Trend Airshield
May be time to bite the bullet and get the Trend air circulating shield. I don’t do a whole lot of turning, but with my current health condition it may be worth it. Just seems like a lot of bucks for a plastic shield. Before I sign up, thought I’d get some feedback from actual users and those in the know. Any experience, thoughts and opinions would be appreciated. Also any info on similar protection maybe a little less pricier welcome. A few of the complaints I’m coming across are that the shield is heavy, noisy and the battery life is low.

https://meanderawlwoodshop.blog
Back before I retired, my guys worked in some bad situations, Full tyvek and respirators or what was needed. Enclosed mold situations or attics full of bat $%$$%. We ended up buying a type of face mask that had an air compessor hookup on it. Blew in air at a reduced pressure, but created an outflow of air around the face. Met osha standards. At least at that time. The compessor had to be rated for breathable air as well as the hoses. Personally i would not have a problem using a regular compreser and air hose as long as I had never put any air gun oil into the hose. That is just me and I am not recommending that to anyone else. They loved them beacause they had the added benefit of helping them keep cool. Full tyvek in even 70 degree temps can be brutal. They were paid time and a half along with extra breaks every hour, but that still doesn't help with possible heat exhaustion. With the hose clipped to the mask and a clipt on the back of their belt they preferred these to the other options.
I have tried the air shield. It did not fit my face. Large head and round. I use very good safety goggles and a loggers screen for roughing. I have 3 different respirator from single can up to the double can that even though hot to wear I find it the most comfortable and easiest to breath through. I have some of my stash of N95 mask left but they are not as comfy as my good respirators plus they don't fog my safety glasses like the N95 wants to do. I keep baby wipes in the cupboard and clean the seals often.
I was in tractor supply and northern tools and tried on a lot different masks before I made my pick. The logger screen came off amazon, it has adjustable headgear and I don't scratch the screen like I do with the plastic shields. 
Good luck and don't scrimp on the safety.