Spoons, Spoons, Spoons
(02-11-2021, 08:09 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Try using the curved scorp as a scraper at a higher angle on dry wood. 

You know there's a broader sweep for longer bowls, right?  I prefer them to gooseneck scrapers.
I've been using a small shaped card scraper I made from an old worn out saw plate. It seems to work quite well. I suppose a very broad sweep gouge would leave less to clean up afterwards.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
Those are some nice spoons,

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Thought I'd post my latest. I ended up making about 10 spoons for friends and coworkers. They were mostly all the same design of a cawl spoon style. Kitchen spoon with a round bowl and I did a tapered trapezoid handle. They were well received.

After making a bunch for others, I decided to make something for myself and made a new coffee scoop.

Comments and criticisms welcome. I am looking improve, so I appreciate comments on things I could have done better.
Looks beautiful almost too nice to use.
(02-28-2021, 02:22 PM)clovishound Wrote: Thought I'd post my latest. I ended up making about 10 spoons for friends and coworkers. They were mostly all the same design of a cawl spoon style. Kitchen spoon with a round bowl and I did a tapered trapezoid handle. They were well received.

After making a bunch for others, I decided to make something for myself and made a new coffee scoop.

Comments and criticisms welcome. I am looking improve, so I appreciate comments on things I could have done better.

That is gorgeous, really nice. What wood, what (if any) finish? {Edit: cherry?}
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Cherry, the only finish is wood butter. That's a mixture of mineral oil and beeswax.

Works good on dry hands as well. A half pound of cosmetic grade beeswax off Amazon, and a pint of mineral oil from the pharmacy makes a lot of wood butter for under $10.