Help to determine fair selling price
Thank you all for the feedback. I realize I didn't provide much detail to work with but as I mentioned I'm not very familiar with these machines and am a bit overwhelmed at the moment with trying to figure out what to do with it all. There's also a band saw, scroll saw, 2 drill presses, radial arm saw, 2 dust collection systems and more....

I will post more details as I get them. All of this equipment is located in Fairport NY.

I've contacted Grizzly and sent them pics, was informed the joiner is a 1st Generation G1018 8” . I know it runs but I believe it needs blades
(02-09-2021, 01:38 PM)Qpete01 Wrote: Thank you all for the feedback. I realize I didn't provide much detail to work with but as I mentioned I'm not very familiar with these machines and am a bit overwhelmed at the moment with trying to figure out what to do with it all. There's also a band saw, scroll saw, 2 drill presses, radial arm saw, 2 dust collection systems and more....

I will post more details as I get them. All of this equipment is located in Fairport NY.

I've contacted Grizzly and sent them pics, was informed the joiner is a 1st Generation G1018 8” . I know it runs but I believe it needs blades

We all had to start somewhere. WNers have always been very generous to me and to others who want to learn.

The good news is that those tools will likely have a much better value than if you were in a big city in California.

I recommend posting pictures of the Model/Serial# placards for the tools as you get the chance.

I do not recall if there are any active WNers in the Rochester NY area.

I will let others more knowledgeable about pricing chime in on your Grizzly jointer.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Maybe you could advertise an *Open Shop* on a weekend, tools and equipment for sale.
Local buyers could come in and haggle prices with you.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-08-2021, 05:59 PM)ajkoontz Wrote: The biggest problem I see is the jointer and planer are in parts and pieces. I realize these photos might not be what he plans on using to post for sale, but as-is, as-posted that planer and jointer are not going to bring top-dollar without some other mitigating factors. And craftsman contractor saws don't bring more than $500 around here.

But agreed all-around, don't sell as a set and more info is needed to get an honest estimate on value.

Yea, good point.. I was assuming everything was working and ready to go. If there's work to be done on these, then yea, that impacts the price.
As ICLARK mentioned earlier, your location is going to play a big part in what you might be able to get selling the tools.  Generally, they are too big to ship, so you will have to deal locally (maybe 1-2 hour drive if price is right).  Are there any woodworking clubs in the area? Or veterans organizations that might be interested.  Facebook and craigslist as others suggested might give an idea as to what the price range for these tools in your locale.  Good luck.
(02-08-2021, 07:26 AM)fall Wrote: $900.00 to a $1000.00 for all if working.

I would say that is about all. The jointer is the prize.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Just my best guesses based on what I see:
  • The G1018 jointer is probably worth $300-$500. 8" jointers are always in demand on the used market.
  • If my eyes are correct, I think that the planer is a Delta DC-33 which is 13". It certainly is a decent machine although, with limited capacity. Again, I think $300-$500 is the range.
  • Craftsman contractor TS is $100-$300. These are a dime a dozen so, patience will be key.

HTH
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(02-06-2021, 11:19 PM)Qpete01 Wrote: Looking for honest opinions on estimated value on the following. My father passed last year and left me a garage full of tools. Unfortunately I don’t have room for it all. Looking to sell Grizzly joiner, Delta plainer and Craftsman table saw with wood base but have no idea what a fair price on these should be. All run but Joiner needs blades. I believe there’s a new set of blades and tool to set blades for plainer. Also just had plainer power switch repaired. Pictures attached.

I have quite a few older tools in my shop, some older than I am. I am very selective about the used tools I buy, frankly I've learned a hard lesson once or twice with them. I always consider the need to repair a used tool, you have now idea of it's care and treatment over the years. The outward present condition can be a very good indicator but I've passed on a few items that were said to have been just cleaned up bit I'm sure there was a bit more done then cleaning. I run a public woodshop and I maintain and repair the equipment there so I have a bit of experience with assessing problems and tools.  
   I down loaded the photos and looked closely at them and here's my thoughts. The open junction box on the Delta planer is a safety issue, additionally Delta has been sold several times over the years and many parts for these older tools are obsolete/unavailable. We have replaced every Delta tool we had because of this. In a public shop liability is an issue, so altering equipment is more of a problem for us than a home user. I looked up parts for the Grizzly jointer and many parts are obsolete, you might get lucky and never have a problem with a homeowner use, but heavy use could be a different matter.  The Craftsman table saw I couldn't see well enough to tell what it is, but I wouldn't place much value on it. 
    I don't necessarily think it's fair to say if someone offers a low price it's because they are trying to make a killing on a flip or trying to get over on someone, sometimes there's a good reason for a low offer, because of the risk involved in purchasing used equipment. I had a member at the woodshop bring in a router that he bought cheap at an estate sale. It was missing the wrenches and had a bit in it. When he got it home he couldn't get the collet apart to get the bit out. After several failed attempts with good fitting wrenches, I soaked the collet for a week with penetrating oil. It took me almost an hour to get it apart and the collet and bit were severely rusted and pitted internally. It looked like caked dust on the outside but the collet was pitted so badly inside it had to be replaced. He ended up spending over 2/3 the cost of a new router with the parts. Good luck. 

Paul
It has been a week since the OP visited WN.

Unless/until (s)he post again, this thread has probably run its course.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.