Spoon planes...
I didn't want to hijack clovishound's spoons thread; really looks like he has the hang of spoon-making.  I'm trying...

I was gifted one of these spoon planes last Spring:

I'm sure I have not optimized this tool, but I'm not certain there's a whole lot of upside to it.  If I had been just strolling through Woodcraft, this tool  would not have landed in my basket.

Do any of you have experience with one of the spoon planes?  If you use it with success, what's the key?
I considered getting one of them, but the reviews of it stopped me. It looks like it should be a nice, effective tool. The folks that have them tend to say otherwise.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
(02-12-2021, 11:08 AM)clovishound Wrote: I considered getting one of them, but the reviews of it stopped me. It looks like it should be a nice, effective tool. The folks that have them tend to say otherwise.

Broad and shallow, like ones the luthiers use, not deep enough for the average spoon.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.