I bought an oops.
I needed another PC 690LR router because, since I haven't been doing any WW in the last ten years, I think I lost one. I answered a craiglist ad for a 690LR and accessories. The main pic showed the router in a yellow D handle base, which I thought and turned out to be a DeWalt DW6183 base. I didn't think anything of it since I've never owned or handled a DW router.

I get it home and take it out of the DW base and slide it into the PC base. I noticed it "dropped" right in.

Further examination showed that someone ground off the pins that allow for adjustment in a PC 690LR base. 

I'm thinking about trying to drill them out and insert brass pins. Any better ideas?
RT, the DooRag® Daddy

I would try, nothing to loose

Maybe make a jig to verify drilling straight into the base and a drill stop so as to not accidentally go to far.
Not familiar with this model....but whoever listed and sold it knowingly without pointing out that kind of defect in the ad is a PoS.
No
Angry

Simon
Found a work around! I also have a 690LRVS in a plunge base. The plunge base doesn't use the pins for height adjustment. So I'll put the craigslist router in the plunge base and my 690VS can go in a lever release base either on the bench or in the router table.
RT, the DooRag® Daddy

(02-19-2021, 11:40 AM)Ruffturn® Wrote: Found a work around! I also have a 690LRVS in a plunge base. The plunge base doesn't use the pins for height adjustment. So I'll put the craigslist router in the plunge base and my 690VS can go in a lever release base either on the bench or in the router table.

Cool
Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-18-2021, 04:35 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Not familiar with this model....but whoever listed and sold it knowingly without pointing out that kind of defect in the ad is a PoS.
No
Angry

Simon

I disagree. 

Might have been nice to tell neophytes, but if it was a working and safe router, I don’t have an issue. 

No different that replacing the POS porter cable sped controller with a stand-alone model and you getting it home discover the controller is fubar.   Only to have wished it was working because that’s what you wanted it for.  

Used purchases have always been subject to caveat emptor.  Familiarize yourself with what you’re buying , or pay someone to inspect it. Like a car or home.  I know guys who’ve filed off those pins for the 690 to fit into an 890 base too.  

Many will feel the 890 and dewalt bases are upgrades.  The 690 was no feature marvel , even when new.