Reach in Closet
(06-12-2021, 10:06 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: This closet is going to be a one off because I need to move the closet on the back side. The rest of the house has sliders but I would need either larger doors or a 3 door slider so leaning toward bifold.

Ah, good choice in this case. It does make sense to go with bifold.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I grew up in a house with bypass sliders.  My current home is all bifold; sliders always seem to be in the way.

Quality hardware for bifolds are a must-have, particularly if the doors are solid (heavy).
If this was my house, I'd delete the door and any framing back to the side walls and build a cabinet that slides into the space. Drawers below. Doors above for hanging stuff. Maybe small doors way high for less used stuff. If wide enough, make a couple of columns of Drawers.

Traditional closets are silly from an efficiency standpoint.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(06-13-2021, 08:39 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: If this was my house, I'd delete the door and any framing back to the side walls and build a cabinet that slides into the space.  Drawers below.  Doors above for hanging stuff.  Maybe small doors way high for less used stuff.  If wide enough,  make a couple of columns of Drawers.

Traditional closets are silly from an efficiency standpoint.

I agree with your last statement and that is why I will be adding components like drawers and shelves. To access this the more I think about it there will be bifold doors.
John T.
(06-13-2021, 09:25 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: I agree with your last statement and that is why I will be adding components like drawers and shelves. To access this the more I think about it there will be bifold doors.

When I framed up a pantry in this old house, I used a 48" double door instead of bifold.  As it turns out, we've had to hang spice racks and such on the inside of these doors, which woudn't have been an option with bifold.
Had the builder make one in the hall bath wall where a utility chase was to be located. It wound up being 14" deep and 16" wide with a 12" conventional door. Nothing fancy, framed for easy of shelf supports(1" by 3") on each side and back and pine boards for shelves. Was ideal for bath towels/washcloths and supplies.

Might replace the conventional door with a pocket door if done again.