Dust collector hose recommendations?
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I tried searching but haven’t found an answer.
I am looking for a 4” dust collector hose which doesn’t pull back as strong as my current one, (powertec I got on Amazon). I’d like to get something about 15-20’. 
Any ideas? 
Thank you,
Chris
For those lengths, Oneida is a good choice.  

Dust Hose

For up to 10' I get mine from Woodcraft.  I use it with a 3 HP Oneida cyclone and no issues.  Pretty stout stuff
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I've always used these hoses from Woodworker's Supply, but I'm not sure I know what you mean by "pull back". These are fairly supple.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I just went to this system by Rockler. Upgraded my Penn State DC with a Wynn filter and installed the connectors for this hose on all my tools except the jointer and RAS, which are in stationary locations and connected directly to the 4" drops and have blast gates. So far I really like it and find it very convenient.

I have the 28' hose; just wanted to make sure it would reach everything else in the shop. 

Doug
(02-19-2021, 03:52 PM)Tapper Wrote: I just went to this system by Rockler. Upgraded my Penn State DC with a Wynn filter and installed the connectors for this hose on all my tools except the jointer and RAS, which are in stationary locations and connected directly to the 4" drops and have blast gates. So far I really like it and find it very convenient.

I have the 28' hose; just wanted to make sure it would reach everything else in the shop. 

Doug

I've been using the Rockler Dust Right for many years. I can connect to five stationary tools without moving anything, and a few more on wheels in a minute. It compresses to a few feet and hangs by the dust collector. 

Dust Collection Fittings at Rockler: Coupling, Connectors, & More

--
See ya later,
Bill
I use hose from Woodstock International. The best place I've found to find it is Grizzly. Good stuff, easy to work with  and made here in the states...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I can't speak to 4" hose, I bought 10' 2 1/2" hose from Peachtree via Amazon. I find the stuff outstanding. I've always had the black hose that comes with shopvacs which is pretty stiff and can be difficult to work with. The stuff from Peachtree is really flexible. How can something so flexible not collapse? I don't know but it doesn't. I put the screw-in ends on it and plugged one end into a Fein Turbo II vac, stretched it out then put one hand over the end. It sucked together to about 3' where the coils were tight to one another but the diameter remained at 2 1/2". I have the Fein hose which about 1 1/4". I think this Peachtree hose is at least as flexible, maybe more so. If the 4" is close, I'd recommend it. Plus it's made in the U.S.A.

https://www.ptreeusa.com/dust_hose.html
In this same line..

I have some 4" dust collection hose that doesn't "accordion", it's more like a normal hose, taking out of the box, on the floor it measures 10 feet, doesn't really stretch, and doesn't contract, but bends enough to connect to tools.. but I can not remember where I got it

I'm looking for more of it.. anyone seen something like this? Maybe the Woodworkers supply hose from the link above? (hard to tell by descriptions)

(when I got it, the 10' section coiled in a box)

thanks in advance, Dave
Does it work to hang a hose out in the sun to see if it relaxes?

or would it work to put a rigid section or two in the middle, with flex at the joints so it can be adjusted to fit your routing?

I'm currently using 4" and 5" flex from woodcraft. It is okay, although I get a bit of pulling on my super dust deputy separator due to the weight and contraction of the hose coming out of the top.

Matt