Start cap with resistor
(03-06-2021, 12:02 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: Suitable resistors can be obtained from any electronic parts wholesaler or retailer. -"

https://inspectapedia.com/electric/Start...ration.php

I was struck by that last sentence. I have (only) 2 motor shops in my area. I went to the one for the first replacement, and they also had the clip on resistor I needed. When that one popped I went to the second shop which is a little closer. It's turns out they were a lot higher in price on the cap, almost double...but the real surprise was when i asked for a resistor. "We don't stock them" he said "you don't really need it". With that I took my cap and put installed the clip on resistor I had. Note to self: don't go back to that shop again. Puzzling since that one has been in business as a motor shop since we moved here some 30+ years ago. I'd think they would have a handle on this stuff.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Well, I was close.  Sticking, pitting . . . Whatever it takes.  

Still sounds like the contacts are stuck together or the mechanism isn’t opening once the motor is up to speed.  More so now with the ‘sticking contacts’ reference.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"