The Writing Desk: FINISHED!
Wink 
Thanks gents: kind words much appreciated!

I have attached two more photos showing the table in its place of honor in what we call the addition (clever name for a room don't you think?). You can see the same black dot detail on the window rosette blocks (detail is also carried through with door/drawer pulls and even the design of the rug).

[Image: IMG-3094-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3096-1.jpg]
Very nice work and nice attention to detail on the use of grain to high- lite and make it more visual to look at. It says, here I am, look at me. Very well done

Tom
Beautiful desk, Philip.

Your black dot detail carries into the chair seat, as well.
Very well done.

Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Beautiful.  I'm a sucker for a highly figured grain. 
Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
You must have a very nice camera, nice pictures!
Thanks to all! Hard to beat curly cherry for outstanding character. These pictures were taken with an iphone: no trick photography involved!
Simple and classic. I like it a lot. Nice qwork Philip.
(09-01-2021, 04:45 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: Simple and classic. I like it a lot. Nice qwork Philip.

Hank: Thanks very much! Used that "trick" for the wide bevel on the ends of the top and it worked out great! Phil
Beautiful work Philip!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop