Bosch bandsaw blades
I don't use my bandsaw that much anymore, but since I've gotten into spoon carving, it has gotten some exercise lately. I finally trashed my several year old HF 1/2" blade yesterday and need a replacement. I would like to go down to 3/8" to get a tighter radius. I see that Lowes has Bosch brand BS blades in stock locally (local is my preference) in 1/4" and 1/2". I seem to remember trying them years ago and having some issues, but not sure what and how bad. All the local sources for BS blades have closed and I would rather not order one, but will if need be.

Any experiences with either the 1/4" or 1/2" Bosche blades? The price is attractive, but if I only get a couple cuts before it bites the dust, it's no bargain. I have tried the high dollar blades in the past, and found they were not really worth the money for me, especially in the narrower blades. I often cut green wood, and it doesn't take much to trash a narrow blade with a quick misstep.

There may be a local source for Olsen, but I won't be able to check that until tomorrow. Those were my go to blades in the past.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
OK, I was out in the shop for a little while today and discovered what I am sure is one of the Bosch blades I tried years ago. I thought I would give it a try and see what was going on.

I can't adjust the tensioner far enough to get proper tension on the blade. Even loosening up the tensioning block on the quick release, and adjusting it to the far extent of the slots, it is way too loose to be able to run.

Unless they have shortened these blades, or I just happened to get one that was too long, these won't work for me.

FYI, this is for a Griz g0555 14" bandsaw.

Edited to add: I just get through looking at a bunch of reviews on Lowes. One reviewer said it fit their G0555 just fine. Another had the same problem I did. Lots of bad reviews. I think I'll give them a pass, unless there are lots here that have had good results.
I have been waiting to chime in on this until I knew for sure. I have a 14" Delta and it was struggling cutting some 2" Mahogany. I decided the blade on the saw was dull and like you thought hey Lowes has these Bosch blades. I picked up a 2TPI 1/2" and my saw was stalling immediately, it could cut at less than an inch a minute. I was so frustrated I had been shopping bandsaws and was about a 1/2" from pulling the trigger and dropping $1500 on the Laguna 14BX, it being back ordered forever caused me to try one more time with my saw. I ordered an Olsen 4TPI and it cuts through like butter. I can feed faster than I am comfortable with.

In short. The Bosch bandsaw blade I bought from Lowes is in the trash after less than 1" of cutting. Never again. I'd be better off with a butter knife.

(although now I have the new tool bug, but that is another discussion)
Smile 
Are you sure the saw blade was not installed backwards? That can happen if the blade is turned inside out. Please do not ask me how I know this
Rolleyes
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Update. I went ahead and ordered an Olsen 1/4" blade. Got it Yesterday and installed. Had some issues with my lower wheel tire, but got that taken care of, although a new set of tires is probably in my future. Anyway, it tensions up and cuts very well.

I really need to do a full clean up and tune up. A couple guide bearings need to be replaced, as well as the tires. It's doing fine for just roughing out some spoon blanks, but I need to spend a little time and money getting it back to where it should be.
I tried a Bosch band saw blade from Lowes of all places. I took it off and reinstalled the dull blade, it cut better. I ordered a Timberwolf  blade and got on with my life. I just can't bring myself to buy saw Band blades from a big box or Farm Fleet or Hardware store ever again
(02-27-2021, 09:36 AM)KyleD Wrote: Are you sure the saw blade was not installed backwards? That can happen if the blade is turned inside out. Please do not ask me how I know this
Rolleyes

Honestly it was so bad, I checked.  The blade looks plenty aggressive, how it doesn't cut is beyond me.
(02-27-2021, 09:36 AM)KyleD Wrote: Are you sure the saw blade was not installed backwards? That can happen if the blade is turned inside out. Please do not ask me how I know this
Rolleyes

I bought a shopsmith bandsaw with power station off craigslist.  The seller was very forthcoming that he couldn't get it to cut wortha a s__t.  Turning the blade right side cutting down made a world of diffrence.
My .02
Karl

I guess the moral of this thread is stay away from Bosh bandsaw blades. All the major power tool venders seem to have jumped onto the accessory bandwagon. Maybe Bosh is not checking the quality of the accessories it slaps its name on.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!