Who uses two bandsaws in their shop?
I got tired of changing blades in my larger bandsaw and bought one of the Rikon 10 inch models. A 3/16 10 TPI blade mainly lives in the Rikon and a 1/2 4 TPI Lives in the larger (14" Delta with 2HP motor and riser).
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Yes, I've got 2:
1) My first BS, a 12" Craftsman 1950's BS that my Dad had and gave me when he stopped woodworking. I keep an 1/8" blade on it for curves and just quick, small cuts.
When it took me ~20 minutes to resaw a 2" W x 24" L board, I knew I needed a bigger saw.
2) An 18" BS that I usually have a resaw blade on.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like I'm not alone out there. Heck some of you have more than two!

I will probably pick up a Rikon 10" the next time I see a sale.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
Not 2 BS but I do have a Dewalt SS that I use like a second BS.  Can't resaw but I have my BS for that.  Since the DW has a good size table I use the DW as I would a smaller BS.  I have gotten really good at cutting straight and curved on the line over the years.  The benefit is that I can also cut inside cuts.  I had thought about a 9-10" BS and just decided I didn't need it.  Of course there is a limit of 1.5 inches in thickness but I don't do a lot of anything thicker.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I have a Griz 17" that has a resident 3/4" blade for ripping, resawing and veneer. A 14" Powermatic delta clone with a 1/4" blade for bandsaw boxes and any curved cuts.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I have 3,  a Griz 18 with a 3/4 wood slicer blade. A Mini Max something 45 it is also a 18 with a 1/4 inch blade and a small Inca with a 1/8th blade. If you have the room it is easier and faster to change band saws than it is to change blades.

Tom
I have two.  A 20" Delta/Rockwell that I rebuilt about 10-12 years ago.  It has a 3 phase motor with a VFD for variable speed.  Second is an Inca 10" that replaced a Delta Homecraft 10".  The little Inca is very nice, only paid about 100 for it maybe 5 or 6 years ago.  I use it for most of the quick cuts, the big saws table is constantly cluttered with wood and projects since it sits across from the lathe and its about the only place I have to put stuff when I'm working.
It is handy, but I would go up, not down for your second saw.

If you're resawing much, a 2-3HP bandsaw is nice.
I did for a while; I had a friend's 14" on long term loan. One saw had a resaw blade, the other a curve cutting blade.

Eventually I'll buy another so I can do this again.
Semper fi,
Brad

I'm planning to.

I have a Jet 14" which has always been my only band saw. However, I picked up a vintage Delta in parts some years ago which I have stashed for restoration. When that one is ready to use, I'll set it up with a different blade. I suspect I'll put a 220v motor on it and my re-saw blade.

The Jet really isn't too big a deal to change the blade on, but I would relish the convenience of having both set up and ready.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas