Venting clothes dryer thru roof?
I need to put a vent in for our new clothes dryer. The layout is such that thru the roof makes the most sense

I have not looked yet- what are my options? A 4 inch stack with two 90’s?

Snow on the roof in Michigan, direct path back to the dryer for condensation, passing through unheated attic, regular cleaning g maintenance.....

No experience with that in Iowa.  It is good you are asking questions.  It seems there would be several issues that need addressing. I am interested in what those with experience have to say.
That is how ours is. Installed when we purchased the house
No issues.
Low vent cap on the roof
Roof dryer vents with vertical rises need a cleanout for every vertical rise. Usually a roof dryer vent isn't a good idea if snow is a possibility for a few reasons. 1. it can get buried in the snow and burn up your dryer. 2. It can cause ice dams. 3. Dryer lint looks like crap stuck to asphalt shingles. Check your jurisdiction. Your dryer's manufacture regulations probably specifies no more than a 35ft run. Subtract 5ft for every 90 degree elbow. So using 2 90s shortens your overall length to 25ft. If you have a 90 at the wall, then you're down to 20 feet. There are commercially available roof "hoods" for dryers. All have 4" metal duct attachments. They use a flashed hood (like a roof vent) so you can flash it under the shingles. I's not easy to penetrate a roof with rigid metal conduit because vent boots won't seal well. PVC is not allowed for dryer venting (see dust collector threads).
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Thanks Snipe. This run will be less than 10 feet-out the back of a stack unit, straight up to the roof.

There really is no practical way to go thru the wall.

I did google and found the metal roof vents.

Suggestions on how to shelter a roof vent in snow country??
I installed the vent today. 90 out of the dryer, more or less straight to the roof just over 8 feet

I will keep an eye on the snow but I am not worried. Afternoon sun, and the wind tends to come from the other side of the house. Worst case- I have a roof rake

(02-23-2021, 09:05 PM)goaliedad Wrote: I installed the vent today. 90 out of the dryer, more or less straight to the roof just over 8 feet

I will keep an eye on the snow but I am not worried. Afternoon sun, and the wind tends to come from the other side of the house. Worst case- I have a roof rake

For others...

https://dryerjack.com/roof-vent.html

Best roof dryer vent I've specified.  worth the extra money. watch the vid.
WoodNET... the new safespace