Is there a good reason to have two miter saw sets?
I found a Langdon miter box years ago that has been great for a long time. I used it as it was and never really knew about the fixtures that used to come with these things. Then I saw a post on one here with all the bells and whistles. I tried looking for those parts piece meal, but the cost was high to get them all. Then recently I found a good deal on another Sears version Langdon. It has everything. I figured I could get that and use the parts as templates for my other set. Now I'm wondering if there would be a good reason to keep both? The Sears saw is about 3/4" deeper than the Millers but I like the Millers handle better, otherwise they appear the same.

Attached Files Image(s)

One set for 90 degree crosscuts, the other for miters....

i happen to have 4 mitreboxes....and leave one set up for 90 degree cuts

Your 2 look to be a Langdon model, both made by Millers Falls, with the saws made by Disston & Sons...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I can't really leave either set up. I don't have a dedicated shop space.  

Both are Langdon.  One sold with the label Millers Falls and one sold with the label Sears.  

Do you use any hold downs to keep boards in place?  I prefer to clamp things down so I can focus hands on the sawing.  The webbing under the saw platform makes that a little tricky sometimes.
I use the stock holders that come with the boxes.
I must not have these parts. Will have to see if I can find an example.
Check out the ends of the decks....you will find where your's goes.  

You can also clamp a part to the fence, with a clamp coming over the top of the fence...
Well, I guess you can keep both, but in my mind it becomes a space issue. No real reason to have more than one, other than to lend out, or to break it down to fit into a shop made box for a traveler.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
yes! they are lovly and cute.[Image: mitre%2Bsaw%2Bproblem.jpg]
That’s quite the assortment you have there.
Yes I ordered them for future customers who want a mitre saw but don't have the frame / carcass.

[Image: IMG_0527.JPG]