New dust collection set up on my OS
I really like my Grizzly oscillating sander.  Great machine, but the dust collection sucks, literally.  Not a big fan of the under table hood it comes with as it seems all the dust generated stayed above the table for obvious reasons.

So last night I came up with a quick solution to capture the dust on top of the table and got rid of the dust hood below.

Small pieced of 3/4 baltic birch ply, a 4" dust hood and mag switch from Woodcraft and this is what I came up with.

Works so much better capturing the right dust at the source.

I figured I would start with just one mag switch as these things are almost $30 and I'm glad I did.  With only one magnet it allows the dust hood to pivot if you need it move as you're sanding.

So this is my first go at this one and so far pretty happy with the results!

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Thumbs Up 
Very nice solution to a "sticky" problem with these spindle sanders, and well executed I might say![Image: thumbsup.png] I just installed the DustRIGHT system from Rockler in my shop using their connectors for all my tools, including the Delta Boss spindle sander. Have not used it yet with the new connection underneath the table so we'll see how effective the dust collection is next time.

Looks like magnetic star connectors on the 4" DC holes, correct?

Again, nicely done!

Doug
(02-25-2021, 12:00 AM)Tapper Wrote: Looks like magnetic star connectors on the 4" DC holes, correct?

Again, nicely done!

Doug

Yes sir!  Those Mag Ports are sweet!  I share this 4" hose with my lathe and it's so easy to swap back and forth when needed.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
(02-25-2021, 08:32 AM)KLaz Wrote: Yes sir!  Those Mag Ports are sweet!  I share this 4" hose with my lathe and it's so easy to swap back and forth when needed.

I saw those ports used in a video online; forget the application but they seemed to work nicely. I have only two tools plumbed directly in my shop - the 8" jointer and my Dewalt RAS. The rest of the tools have ports for the DustRIGHT 4" hose hookup (28' hose). Been using it for a couple of weeks now and the handle makes it real handy to move from tool to tool. All my stationary tools are on casters so that they can be rolled aside when not in use, providing more space in the shop, and then moved into place and hooked up to the DC quickly when needed.

If the DC on my Delta Boss isn't adequate, I'm going to "steal" your idea (the ultimate compliment!)

Doug