Electric chainsaw ?
Hi, I looking to buy a chainsaw for my home yard tasks, is there anyone who has experienced working with an electric chainsaw?
Here are the different chainsaws that I have looked at so far:
http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/products/cha...966639901/
https://www.auditpowertools.com/best-electric-chainsaw/ 
https://heckler-power.com/product/58cc-p...chain-saw/
I have a Makita. I think the blade is about 16" and the motor is about 12 amp. It is great. You can't stop it. However, it was rather expensive. I think I paid about $350 several years ago. I notice that Amazon has them for $235. You will want to get an adequately sized extension cord for it. The only things I don't like about it is the oil reservoir (it's electric, but the blade needs oil). It uses quite a bit of bar oil and the reservoir is rather small. Also, if the oil is not used up, it will leak out if I hang it up by the handle after use. I purchased this one after a much cheaper Poulin model failed soon after purchase.
(02-25-2021, 11:14 PM)Willyou Wrote: I have a Makita. I think the blade is about 16" and the motor is about 12 amp. It is great. You can't stop it. However, it was rather expensive. I think I paid about $350 several years ago. I notice that Amazon them for $235.

I have an electric chain saw and a pole saw and love them both.Beats the heck out of mixing gas.Hard to beat Makita.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I have a Kobalt cordless chain saw, its fantastic. With a dozen fir trees on my property I'm cutting up limbs several times a year up to 5-6 in in diameter it chops them to pieces with no effort. You know what will ruin the serenity of working on your property, a 120 decibel gas chain saw going WHAAAAAAAAAAAA. My gas chain saw hasn't been started once since I got the cordless.
Most of the farmers around here are now carrying electric chainsaws in their trucks for those small tasks around their land.  Cutting down small trash trees, limb cutting, etc.  If those saws are good enough for the farmers, then I'll bet those saws will be good enough for nearly any homeowner.

If you're wondering about brand and how good they are, Project Farm has done a couple of vigorous tests of various brands.  This LINK should take you to the vids.
I have an old one that i bought at a rummage sale for cheap. It works well for yard tasks and the occasional bowl turning processing. I am sure a gas chain saw would cut faster but the electric one starts every time I plug it in- no fidling
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(02-25-2021, 10:26 PM)megrilla Wrote: Hi, I looking to buy a chainsaw for my home yard tasks, is there anyone who have experienced working with an electric chainsaw?

I have a 10" cordless Black and Decker. It is for home use and has no problem cutting through material 8" in diameter. That's the largest I've had to cut. 

--
See ya later,
Bill
I have the biggest Craftsman they made some years ago, 16" I think, and it's been working great.  I've cut trees almost as big as the bar, and stumps bigger, and it's done just fine.  

And it's quiet.  And doesn't take gas.  And starts when I pull the trigger.  But it's corded, though it still cuts like crazy on two 100 ft 16 or 14 gauge extension cords.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(02-25-2021, 10:26 PM)megrilla Wrote: Hi, I looking to buy a chainsaw for my home yard tasks, is there anyone who have experienced working with an electric chainsaw?

Check out Project Farm on Youtube, he's better than Consumer Reports.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
I did a Milwaukee 18v string trimmer last summer to replace an old one. 8ah battery gives me a good 45 minutes of trimming and it's a heavy duty machine. So that has me thinking of the Milwaukee 16" chainsaw kit with the 12ah battery. Need one a few times a year--so the fuel is always stale and it's usually a good workout to start even with fresh fuel. Little stuff--up to 5-6", i often use a cordless recip saw with a demolition blade--get good life out of that as well.
earl