WTB Lie Nielsen 49 Small tongue and groove plane
WTB Lie Nielsen 49 Small tongue and groove plane in good condition
Jim Bode has one for sale but it reflects Covid scarcity in price.

https://www.jimbodetools.com/collections...anes-96897
I can't figure out the difference between price gouging and letting supply and demand determine price.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(02-27-2021, 10:58 AM)Scott W Wrote: I can't figure out the difference between price gouging and letting supply and demand determine price.

Price gouging Lie Nielsen tools is impossible. I am about to put a bronze number 2 up for sale on eBay and I expect to get over $500 for it. I'll start the bidding at $100. It may even go to $600. I'll use the dough to buy something I need that's still being manufactured.
(02-27-2021, 09:43 PM)David Katz Wrote: Price gouging Lie Nielsen tools is impossible. I am about to put a bronze number 2 up for sale on eBay and I expect to get over $500 for it. I'll start the bidding at $100. It may even go to $600. I'll use the dough to buy something I need that's still being manufactured.

Hope I don't offend anyone....I just don't get it but that's me.  If someone wants to bid up something then by all means I hope you benefit.  You aren't setting the price, the buyer is.  I have sold stuff at higher than new price on ebay but that starting at my usual $1.99.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Supply of LN stuff will slowly get back up to normal once the vaccination program really kicks into gear. I imagine that Tom LN is going through a hard time just getting done what he can and managing his supply chain, not to say watching the opportunity he is missing out on as people turn to the hobby to cope with covid. As the T-mobile commercial with the Queen song says, "I want it all - I want it now" and I get it, but I think that the demand will remain and inventory availability will start to get better. I'm just glad i bought my #49 a few years ago, and I'm afraid that it will only be available at my estate sale!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis