$338!
22" Topanga Vase, Natural
(02-27-2021, 09:34 PM)badwhiskey Wrote: 22" Topanga Vase, Natural

I don't know what I laughed at harder: the price, the rough and  un-sanded chunk of pine log, or the story behind the brand if you scroll down in the link.  
Laugh
Could use just a touch of sandpaper...

"I was drinking last night when I first read this and did not care. Now this morning, I still don't."   halfmychite 9/6/12

You missed the fine print of  15% off of $300 so you saved $50 to buy sandpaper 
Big Grin
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Somebody with much more money than taste will purchase that for the asking price, then brag to their friends about there "vaze."

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
it’s a vaahhhhz!
VH07V  
We all know that the difference between a "vaaaazzze" and a "vase" is about $300.

GM
Just because something has a high price doesn't mean it's worth it and it doesn't mean it's going to sell for that. We all know that, right. When i started turning, I had lots of request from people to buy things. I started an Etsy thing. If I priced it to what I had into it, people thought it was too high. If I changed the price lower, people thought it must be crap because the price is low. Everything was one of a kid pieces, and if someone wanted 5 or 10 and it wasn't possible, people would leave bad remarks. So I quit trying to sell anything.

A long time ago, I had a small house on a few acres. I had been working on some renovations, but not too much because of the area, it would not add value. One Saturday, a lady stopped by and asked if she could buy it. The following Monday I gave her a stupid ridiculously high price and told her cash only an I keep all the land. Surprisingly she said OK. So I scrambled to get a quick "pre-manufactured" home put on the land and setup a closing. A few years later, a guy and his wife offered to buy the rest of it so again, stupid price and they took it.
Did anybody else notice they can schedule delivery on or about April 1st?
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Put a $30 price tag on an item and nobody will buy it. Put $300 on the same item, and snobs will go for it.

GM