Need a source for stainless steel plate
McMaster has what you need in 18" square sheets that you could cut down.  The gauge thickness you're looking for translates from ~0.06" - 0.09" thick.
they'll have some holes, but how about push plates. 4' x 16".
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Metal Supermarket is a great place to buy all sorts of metal. Possibly there is one near you.
https://www.metalsupermarkets.com/
Look to see if there is a local stainless steel countertop manufacturer or duct fabricator. 

If you can find one locally ask if you can buy some of his scrap.  He would normally put that stuff in the recycle bin.

He will get about $0.30 to $0.45 per pound for this.

A 4" x 16" x 0.062" (16 gage) = about 1.125 pounds. 

Are you sure about the thickness?  Are you sure about the grade of stainless steel?

Most stainless steel cutting blades are made from 400 series stainless.  Most of the stainless steel that is available online is 300 series.  The 300 series (303, 304, 316) is more highly corrosion resistant but will not hold a good edge.

The 400 series will show an occasional rust spot that will wash/wipe off and does hold an edge, with 440 stainless being the grade usually used in knife production.  The 400 stainless steel will stick to a magnet.

The roller wheel pizza cutters are about 0.100" thick and have a sharpened edge.  They may have a heat treating process done on them to improve edge holding.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
If you are willing/wanting to have it pre-cut and ready to go: https://www.oshcut.com
(03-04-2021, 11:58 AM)Cooler Wrote: Look to see if there is a local stainless steel countertop manufacturer or duct fabricator. 

If you can find one locally ask if you can buy some of his scrap.  He would normally put that stuff in the recycle bin.

He will get about $0.30 to $0.45 per pound for this.

A 4" x 16" x 0.062" (16 gage) = about 1.125 pounds. 

Are you sure about the thickness?  Are you sure about the grade of stainless steel?

Most stainless steel cutting blades are made from 400 series stainless.  Most of the stainless steel that is available online is 300 series.  The 300 series (303, 304, 316) is more highly corrosion resistant but will not hold a good edge.

The 400 series will show an occasional rust spot that will wash/wipe off and does hold an edge, with 440 stainless being the grade usually used in knife production.  The 400 stainless steel will stick to a magnet.

The roller wheel pizza cutters are about 0.100" thick and have a sharpened edge.  They may have a heat treating process done on them to improve edge holding.

Obviously I'm at the beginner stage and trying to figure out all this stuff. I know 3cr13 is used for some knife blades, and I've been trying to read up on the other types of stainless and their qualities. That's why I posted to get some background help from the WN family.

Thanks for your suggestion to talk to some of the fabricators to buy from their scrap. Prices sound more than favorable.
-aj (wood2woodknot)

(02-28-2021, 10:39 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: they'll have some holes, but how about push plates. 4' x 16".

Fill me in.........what are pushplates?

I use Prototek in NH, they will do small jobs and prototypes. 244 Burnham Intervale Rd Contoocook, NH 03229 Tel: 603.746.2001 They made a batch of 304 stainless lasered/folded/welded guitar amp chassis for me. The corner welds were unreal.
(03-11-2021, 07:14 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Fill me in.........what are pushplates?

Try this Home Depot link:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Line-4...lsrc=aw.ds

Push plate on a swinging door
(03-11-2021, 07:14 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Fill me in.........what are pushplates?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Line-4.../202634820
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"