One deck board won't drain
I've got a 2-year old deck and there is one board near the center that won't drain. The other deck boards shed their water load fairly quickly but this one 16 ft board has a 3 ft section that cups and holds water. Has anyone ever just drilled a hole to let it drain better? Yes, I could turn it over but then I'm afraid the rest of the board would cup and make a bigger problem. Being in the center if I cut just that section and flip it will stand out like a sore thumb. Opinions?
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Work at it from underneath.  Straddle a small piece of wood across the two deck boards on the opposing sides.  Screw it from underneath, and shim the middle dipping one if  you need to, to bring it up to make it flush with the top of the deck.  Or, stick a piece of wood in the dirt, and kick it up until the dipping board becomes flush with the top of the deck.  It if keeps sinking in the dirt, put a brick underneath it.
I'd pull it up and flip it. The end grain on wood deck boards should be 'smiling' this means that they usually will cup downward and shed water. If this board is already in that orientation, replace it with a new one. It'll fade within a year to match the others.
I agree
Turn it over to allow it to shed water, cupping is in the wrong direction
Give it a couple years, a bunch will be doing it, and you won't care.
(02-28-2021, 12:12 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: I agree
Turn it over to allow it to shed water, cupping is in the wrong direction

+1
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay