Everything on Backorder!
As a GM supplier I get notified of the production cutbacks due to the semiconductor shortage, it ain't pretty and no end in sight.

Ed
Yep, I had to order some bearings for my DIY cnc.. I was making a mod.. not a big rush, but in normal times, these are readily available.
I had to wait 4 months.. Box came yesterday. It had been so long, I was wondering what was in the box.. I Didn't forget that I ordered them, but
it had been so long, it was "out of mind"
Smile
From bad to worse...Woodcraft just emailed me again. Ordered a Powermatic 15HH during the 10% off free shipping sale in Feb, to ship in March. Then April, then May, now today they told me its going to be June. I'm about to CANCEL since they immediately charged my card for the full amount in Feb.
(04-06-2021, 04:11 PM)coolidge Wrote: From bad to worse...Woodcraft just emailed me again. Ordered a Powermatic 15HH during the 10% off free shipping sale in Feb, to ship in March. Then April, then May, now today they told me its going to be June. I'm about to CANCEL since they immediately charged my card for the full amount in Feb.

I have an appliance (dryer) in the same situation with a major retailer.  First due date was March 30.  Then pushed to April 24.  Then moved up to April 14.  Then pushed back to May 17.  And just moved up to April 24, again.  Bottom line:  They have no clue.  But yet, they charged my card the day I placed the order.

My cynical side says they want me to cancel...I ordered at a price that is $350 less than full retail and is $200 less than their current "sale price."

So, if you cancel, where will you find one in stock at the price you paid?
(04-06-2021, 04:18 PM)WxMan Wrote: I have an appliance (dryer) in the same situation with a major retailer.  First due date was March 30.  Then pushed to April 24.  Then moved up to April 14.  Then pushed back to May 17.  And just moved up to April 24, again.  Bottom line:  They have no clue.  But yet, they charged my card the day I placed the order.

My cynical side says they want me to cancel...I ordered at a price that is $350 less than full retail and is $200 less than their current "sale price."

I'm on the hunt for a used planer now or another brand I'm not 'that' in love with the Powermatic. If I find something before the PM ships then I'll cancel.
Every single bench plane on the Lie Nielsen website is out of stock.    
Sad
(04-06-2021, 04:18 PM)WxMan Wrote: I have an appliance (dryer) in the same situation with a major retailer.  First due date was March 30.  Then pushed to April 24.  Then moved up to April 14.  Then pushed back to May 17.  And just moved up to April 24, again.  Bottom line:  They have no clue.  But yet, they charged my card the day I placed the order.

Update to my appliance travails...and I think it applies to the power tool segment as well.

After I posted that the appliance dealer moved the delivery date up to 24 April (fourth change), I received another change pushing it back to 1 June.  The very next day I got a text saying the the dryer was in the warehouse and asking me to schedule a pick up date.  I picked it up the next morning.

I don't think they have a clue what's going on in the supply chains...just that it's all messed up...insert epithet of your choice....
(04-12-2021, 07:28 AM)WxMan Wrote: Update to my appliance travails...and I think it applies to the power tool segment as well.

After I posted that the appliance dealer moved the delivery date up to 24 April (fourth change), I received another change pushing it back to 1 June.  The very next day I got a text saying the the dryer was in the warehouse and asking me to schedule a pick up date.  I picked it up the next morning.

I don't think they have a clue what's going on in the supply chains...just that it's all messed up...insert epithet of your choice....

Chaos! Glad you got the dryer.
Well from bad news to good news...10 days ago Woodcraft pushed the ship date for the planer out to mid June, annoying. Then moments ago they notified me the planer has shipped. lol Oh wait, did someone tell them I threatened to find a used planer and cancel the order?
Even toilets are hard to find. Of course box stores carry them, but many models are marked Out of Stock.