Bow saw question

I need to replace the tensioning cord on a 12" bow saw.  What do you recommend?
  Re: Bow saw question by Mike Brady (I need to replace th...)
It really depends on the size of your bow saw. Smaller bow saws would use smaller diameter line. Below is a link from Tools for Working Wood - who sells a smallish 12" bow saw.

Tools for Working Wood bow saw line:

https://toolsforworkingwood.com/store/it...+and+Parts

Traditionally, you could use hemp or jute. Many different sources.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I've been using polyfilament fishing line. Works great (at least on the TFWW style saw I built from their kit)

I use mason line for both the 12” as well as the larger ones. I started off with 80-lb test braided fishing line on the 12” ones, which also works well. I think it’s a little too small diameter for the larger saws just due to the number of turns on the windlass that it takes.
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleS...nchtop.skp
  Re: RE: Bow saw question by MauleSkinner (I use mason line for...)
(03-01-2021, 06:21 PM)MauleSkinner Wrote: I use mason line for both the 12” as well as the larger ones. I started off with 80-lb test braided fishing line on the 12” ones, which also works well. I think it’s a little too small diameter for the larger saws just due to the number of turns on the windlass that it takes.

Thanks for the replies.  Just what I needed.
350 tex sailmaker's string.