new lathe.
I ended up going with the Record Power Envoy. It finally arrived today. I cleaned up the shop Friday. I will probably never see it this clean again. It came packaged very good. I had to remove the headstock, banjo and tail stock to make it light enough to put together by myself. Heavy and very sturdy. The fit and finish is very nice. The headstock, tail stock and banjo all lock up very tight and easy. On my old Rikon I could never get the tail stock to lock up tight. Alignment for the headstock and tail stock was very easy, took under one minute. The belt was on the center set of pulleys so I left it there. I get 450 to 1750 on the center set. At 450 you can’t hear it run. I really like the pendant controller. I am very happy with what I see so far. I will update with more info as I start to turn on it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good deal. Time to make some shavins. I mean, figure out what you can/can't use from the old one.
Won't mention adding weight to base of lathe again, looks great, good luck with!
Bill
Hey, do you mind checking your manual to see if you can add two bed extensions to this lathe? From the photo on the Highland Woodworking site it looks like it's tapped on both ends but I wanted to make sure. I'm halfway in the market.
(03-02-2021, 02:17 PM)CStan Wrote: Hey, do you mind checking your manual to see if you can add two bed extensions to this lathe? From the photo on the Highland Woodworking site it looks like it's tapped on both ends but I wanted to make sure. I'm halfway in the market.
I will look and get back to you later tonight. I know there are threaded holes on both ends. On the headstock end it takes an outrigger. I will check to see if the extension will also fit there.
Good looking lathe. Let us know how it works. only problem I see is that cannot be a woodworking shop. Absolutly NO shavings or sawdust Not possible at least in mine.
(03-02-2021, 02:17 PM)CStan Wrote: Hey, do you mind checking your manual to see if you can add two bed extensions to this lathe? From the photo on the Highland Woodworking site it looks like it's tapped on both ends but I wanted to make sure. I'm halfway in the market.
It didn’t say in the manual but it looks like the extension can only go on the tail stock end. The headstock end is made a little different to accept the outrigger.
It works great. Plenty of power. I made a small 6” bowl from an old cheap blank. The lathe did great. Me not so good.

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-02-2021, 04:41 PM)RustyN Wrote: It works great. Plenty of power. I made a small 6” bowl from an old cheap blank. The lathe did great. Me not so good.

Great news on the lathe and thanks for the pics of the shop.

You did fine for you first time on the new lathe. Time to add one or more of the gadgets to measure wall thickness. You can make or buy.

The bottom-thickness gadget is probably better to make. A dowel through a small board (long enough to span your largest bowl diameter) with a screw to lock it in place if you get fancy. Think of a panel gauge without the marker/cutter at the end.

Now is the time to add the shelf out of 2x material so that you can add weight or a cabinet later.

Now is also a good time to get a nice floor cushion to stand on. Watch out for the trip hazard as you move on and off of that piece of plywood while dancing with your lathe.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Nice lathe, nice shop. I fully understand about "never be this clean again..."
When I picked up my lathe, the dealer loaded it on my flatbed with a fudge truck. In the crate, shipping weight was 1200 pounds.
Took me three days to get it off the flatbed and into the shop. Insurance man asked if I had bolted it to the floor. I replied that anybody who can pick it up and walk away with it is welcome to it.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.