Mobile base suggestion for large bandsaw?
I've had the Grizzly G0514x (i.e. 19") bandsaw for several years and initially outfitted it with the Rockler mobile base in which you add your own wood to make it to the dimensions you need. Over time, the oak I used has started to sag to the point where even with adjustments to the hardware to compensate, it tends to get stuck as much as it rolls. Since cutting new wood for it seems like it would only invite a repetition of the problem down the road, I'd like to get something a little better and permanent. 

I was initially drawn to the Shop Fox D2058A, but upon closer review, it seems like you have to bend over and turn thumbscrews to engage the wheels on it, which is not optimal since I move the saw around quite a bit. I'd prefer something with a kick pedal (or two) to quickly get it rolling.

Any recommendations from those in the know?
You are entitled to your own opinions. Just not your own facts.
Bora Portamate with the 1500 lbs rating. There are now 3 models to choose from depending on your wheel preference. Pm-3500, PM-3550
Here is what I did when I had my G0513x2.  I did the same thing  with my Laguna 18". It is 1"x2"x1/8" steel tube with rockler locking swivel casters.
[Image: tSJWC51l.jpg]
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I have the Rockler "all terrain mobile base" https://www.rockler.com/rockler-all-terr...kage-offer. I have it on my Big Rockwell Bandsaw. It does the job, it's not perfect though.
(03-03-2021, 10:29 AM)law_kid Wrote: I've had the Grizzly G0514x (i.e. 19") bandsaw for several years and initially outfitted it with the Rockler mobile base in which you add your own wood to make it to the dimensions you need. Over time, the oak I used has started to sag to the point where even with adjustments to the hardware to compensate, it tends to get stuck as much as it rolls. Since cutting new wood for it seems like it would only invite a repetition of the problem down the road, I'd like to get something a little better and permanent. 

I was initially drawn to the Shop Fox D2058A, but upon closer review, it seems like you have to bend over and turn thumbscrews to engage the wheels on it, which is not optimal since I move the saw around quite a bit. I'd prefer something with a kick pedal (or two) to quickly get it rolling.

Any recommendations from those in the know?

I have one of these Grizzly bases under my classic Walker Turner 16" bandsaw; lots of cast iron including the base so it's pretty heavy. Your 19 incher looks like it weighs less than 500 lbs. and this one supports up to 1200 lbs. Locks are foot controlled. I've been pleased with mine after 3+ years.

Doug
Under my vertical metal-cutting bandsaw I have a repurposed base off an old imported motorcycle lift.
Wood is good.