how to uncoild PS veneer
It's a 24"x96" roll of veneer from Rockler. I've never worked with it before, so how best do I uncoil a new roll of sticky back PS veneer?

I suppose I should cut the lengths I'll use and then flatten them from there, rather than try to flatten the whole roll as one piece.
How best to get this stuff flat? Wet it with water or ms with weights on the ends?

thanks for your experienced suggestions
Cool

Ray
Ray
(03-04-2021, 02:42 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: It's a 24"x96" roll of veneer from Rockler. I've never worked with it before, so how best do I uncoil a new roll of sticky back PS veneer?

I suppose I should cut the lengths I'll use and then flatten them from there, rather than try to flatten the whole roll as one piece.
How best to get this stuff flat? Wet it with water or ms with weights on the ends?

thanks for your experienced suggestions
Cool

Ray

When I refaced my kitchen, it was easier for me to lay out the whole sheet flat with some light weights on it before cutting it down.
(03-04-2021, 02:51 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: When I refaced my kitchen, it was easier for me to lay out the whole sheet flat with some light weights on it before cutting it down.

Same here.  I just unrolled it on a flat surface.  In a day it was flat.  I'm referring to the paper backed PS stuff.

John
thanks!
I'll try just that
Ray
(03-04-2021, 02:51 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: When I refaced my kitchen, it was easier for me to lay out the whole sheet flat with some light weights on it before cutting it down.

(03-04-2021, 06:54 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Same here.  I just unrolled it on a flat surface.  In a day it was flat.  I'm referring to the paper backed PS stuff.  

John

+1
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020