A Project for March
Decided to go ahead and glue the case up, first....then build the drawer to fit the case...so...
Winkgrin  

Even used a cheap brush, to help spread the glue into the joints...and the usual "Forest of Clamps"
Cool

Will see how this turns out, later today....when the clamps are removed...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
0900 hrs this morning...laundry Detail!  3 hours later, Laundry done, back is sore between the shoulder blades,,,and a wee bit of shop time...
Winkgrin 
Clamps came off...spent some time getting the glue joints all spiffied up..

Trying to get things squared up...

At the bottom of the case...

Kind of needs...something, don't it...so...cut a 1/2" scrap to about the right length...added a rebate on each end..

That fills the groove...But, I want this to also support the front of the plywood panel....means another rebate..

Then mark how much extra to rip off...for things to fit...

While tucking the rest under the plywood..

Then a cheap brush to spread some glue around, and a few clamps...

Long clamp because the sides of the case had bowed outward....pulled them back in.Let this sit a day.

Had a stack of parts, to build a drawer with...

They all needed work done...cut for length, ripped and jointed for width...faces flattened..

All needed this done.   Stay tuned...more to come..
Cool
Ok, Drawer front first...Needed crosscut for length..

So..how does this "Carpenter's Rough Work Saw" do....?
Rolleyes

Close enough for me, right off the saw.   Next, part was a bit too wide...so  

Marked for width, set the fence to leave the line....then joint the saw edge until a slip fit happens..

Set this aside, for now....the 2 sides were treated the same way, and jointed together so they would match..

Checked for fit...a few times...

Piece for the back of the drawer..

Was roughly sized....it will sit in a dado at the back of the drawer sides, bottom of the drawer slides under the back...had to allow for both.

Drawer front gets through dovetails..just like the rest of the box. 

I also spent some time getting the top and bottom of the case to be level..no rocking allowed...

Washer is done, transfer over to the dryer....
Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Back was starting up...right between the shoulder blades...also like a cramp going on....figure I can work until the dryer is done...got out the usual suspects 

lay out the pins ...the the sides of the drawer will get...front will get the tails...then a little saw work...

Then chop out the waste....outside face first, then the inside face....use the completed pins to lay out the tails....saw the inside (waste) side of the lines...chop the waste..try a dry fit..
Cool

Dryer was done...leave this as is, for now...stashed with the case..

It can set there until the next Laundry Detail happens....quitting time!
Winkgrin   Almost missed Lunch...
Rolleyes

Next up, dovetail the other corner...plough a groove for the drawer bottom, and a pair of Dados for the back....and try for a glue up. 

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Clamps came off the case..makes it easier to get the drawer parts sized...
Winkgrin

Not too bad, eh...Once again, pins laid out first, sawn and chopped....use them to lay out the tails, cutting inside the lines on the waste side...

Then the dry fit....

Then spent some time, getting all three parts to slide into the case...with the sides going in to the correct depth.....Then the real fun starts....do the easy one first

Front clearly marked as to IN inside...set this aside.    I had run dados for the back of the drawer to sit in....and thought they were on the INSIDE face, like this one

However....when I started on the other side piece...something looked a bit...off
No ......dado was on the outside, looking in.  
Upset had to throw that side away, and make a brand new side from scratch...well, at least the dovetails did fit better..1/2 hour wasted.   Cut the plywood panel for the bottom to size,,dry fit..
Cool 

Which left the back piece...length was marked and cut...height was a might too tall....we have ways
Raised 

Called a Millers Falls No. 11, Type 2,,,,joint one edge, check the fit, joint the other edge(high spot in the middle?) check the fit....continue until it does indeed  fit.

Then the bottle of glue, a cheap brush, and a few clamps show up...

There goes the neighborhood for the day....moved over to the tablesaw, only flat surface left in the shop, big enough to work on...Laid the lid on the saw, then the case on the lid....did a bit of "art work".....then a step over to the bandsaw....
Rolleyes

Cut a few curves.   Brand new 3/16" blade in the saw, BTW....and it burns going around the curves? 

laundry was about done, and so was I.....left the box sit, while waiting on the drawer...

And closed up shop for the day....about 3 hours worth...
Cool

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Looking good Bandit.

As for the 'wrong side, side' have we not all done that a time or two?

Rolleyes
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Bandit, I like the style of the box.  IIRC this is the second one of this style, what do you plan to keep in this box?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Lets see...drawer came out of the clamps yesterday...Corners needed cleaned up....planes tend break things at a corner, so a sander was set up..

Made sure the table was square to the platten...then a dry fit....

Not looking for "piston fit", discovered the bottom of the drawer was a tad too long...we have ways..

Until the drawer goes in flush with the front of the box....better get some handles installed, so I can get the drawer back out..

Location laid out, drill the 2 holes needed...

Wood knobs have a tapered tenon, dab of glue, and that clamp to push the knob all the way down....

Select a pair of hinges..
Brass ones were a tad too big...went with the Hobby Lobby ones.   Need that screwdriver to driver some TINY screws...also need a special pilot hole drill bit..
Rolleyes

Just a small nail, clip the head off, chuck into the drill.   Still needed to wax the threads ( broke the 1st screw off, BTW.  Move the hinge to the right, to cover it.)

Hinges were soon installed....then 100 grit sandpaper over all the rough spots, until ending up with 220 grit.....

Everything smoothed down....brushed on a coat of stain.....then wipe that down...

Letting this sit a day or two....and...

Letting things air out a bit.    Will check on it later, to see how things dried....and fix any bad spots.....Wednesday, might try a coat of varnish...

As for what this is for.....about the same things Paul Sellers stashes in his version.....

Stay tuned  ( MIGHT be the last project for a few weeks....having a Watchman installed in my heart soon...so I can get off them blood thinners)
Nice.  I never saw Paul's version so I don't have any idea what he keep in it.  

Good luck on your watchman install.  I hope all goes well and you are back at it soon.
Today being a Monday
Uhoh ..shop is normally closed.....decided to just hand sand things to 320 grit, and do touch-ups with the stain.   had a couple glue-drop spots.   Sand those back to bare wood, restain...

No pictures today, sorry....

Sellers did a few video blogs for his Master Class series....I think it was one of the first FREE build along videos.....I like free.   mainly he keeps pencils and other small tools in one....He has a few sitting around in his shop....

I simply had a stash of leftovers of Ash after that Bathroom Cabinet  project, and didn't feel like burning them....
Cool