Dewalt track saw trigger lock hard to push
The trigger lock button at the top of my Dewalt track saw handle is very hard to push.   It seems like it happened rather suddenly.  Like one second it was smooth and then the next it felt jammed.  I can push it enough to release the trigger but I don't want to force anything.

I've probably actuated the mechanism nearly 100x in the last 24hrs and used it a bunch before that.  I disassembled the handle, blew out very little dust, but don't see anything obvious.

I am not using dust collection (no shop vac) but it looks fairly clean in there.  Any ideas before I disassemble it further?
(03-07-2021, 03:25 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: The trigger lock button at the top of my Dewalt track saw handle is very hard to push.   It seems like it happened rather suddenly.  Like one second it was smooth and then the next it felt jammed.  I can push it enough to release the trigger but I don't want to force anything.

I've probably actuated the mechanism nearly 100x in the last 24hrs and used it a bunch before that.  I disassembled the handle, blew out very little dust, but don't see anything obvious.

I am not using dust collection (no shop vac) but it looks fairly clean in there.  Any ideas before I disassemble it further?

Lubricate

Repair malfunctioning plunge trigger on Dewalt DWS520 Track Saw - YouTube

BTW - I found this by pasting your first sentence into Google.
See ya later,
Bill
(03-07-2021, 04:57 PM)Bill_de Wrote: Lubricate

Repair malfunctioning plunge trigger on Dewalt DWS520 Track Saw - YouTube

BTW - I found this by pasting your first sentence into Google.

I watched that video earlier but the suddenness of working to almost jammed had me thinking it was something else.  It's easy enough to try, though, so I'll give it a shot.
Pull it apart carefully and see what is happening.
Might be something very easy to fix