What am I doing wrong. SharkBite threaded connector
I've found a few of the last pipe fittings I've bought, both male and female are shorter on the length of threads now.
Maybe his spicket isn't threaded deep enough.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

White Teflon tape is not suitable for a fitting that size.   You need the red/pink kind. 

Or paste.
(03-09-2021, 06:00 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: You need Blue Rectorseal, Home depot or lowes or Ace will have it. It's your new best friend

I use the yellow most often or I have some other paste that has teflon as a component and that seems to work nbest
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I'll look for that rectorseal stuff this weekend.  

I never knew there were other colors of teflon tape.  I have only seen the white kind.  I will have to look into that as well.
(03-10-2021, 08:26 AM)stav Wrote: I'll look for that rectorseal stuff this weekend.  

I never knew there were other colors of teflon tape.  I have only seen the white kind.  I will have to look into that as well.

The rectorseal #5 will work  for this issue on brass.  BUT DO NOT USE ON ABS OR CPVC.    Good chance the pipe feeding it is cpvc  but that is not the threaded part.   Roly
The feed pipe is pex.  The threaded parts are all brass.
(03-10-2021, 10:07 AM)stav Wrote: The feed pipe is pex.  The threaded parts are all brass.
 I think the problem is a hose bib is a different thread than the tapered iron nipple installed in the faucet.
Norm
(03-10-2021, 11:48 AM)NormT Wrote:  I think the problem is a hose bib is a different thread than the tapered iron nipple installed in the faucet.
Norm

Looks brass to brass to me.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I tried three times to get a water tight seal when I installed my shutoff valve in a remodeled bathroom.  Each time it dripped.

I then removed all the teflon tape and replaced it with plumbers' paste.  That worked fine.

Teflon tape is a "short cut" that is so widely used that it does not seem to be one. 

The slower, messier plumbers paste works better.

brush on plenty and fill all the threads with the paste.  That means  you have to paint the paste across the "grain" of the threads. 

[Image: rectorseal-sealants-31630-64_1000.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.