Washer Dryer question.
I used to use a drop off laundry service and did so for many years.  For one person it is cost-effective because they charge by the pound and not by the  machine used.  If you have darks and whites that is two separate loads.  In my case that would be two nearly half empty loads.

Eventually I got enough clothing that I would be able to drop off this week's laundry and pick up last week's laundry on one trip.  That means visiting the laundramat once a week instead of twice a week.

The manager at the laudramat told me that about half the customers there started using the service because the primary laundry person had taken ill.  When that person got better they simply stuck with the service.

The main objection to using the service is the worry that they will not do the work right.

But the fact of the matter is that they are professionals doing 30 or 40  loads a day, 7 days a week, and ordinary people do 2 - 3 loads a week.  They are going to be better at the work because they are more experienced.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Worth investigation...apply the $1,500 -->$3,000 for new W/D toward the service and it may even be a cost savings...
Thank you.
(03-17-2021, 09:18 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Worth investigation...apply the $1,500 -->$3,000 for new W/D toward the service and it may even be a cost savings...
Thank you.

According to this interesting article the cost to run your own washing machine is $1.27 per load.  Though I think they over-estimate the durability of washing machines.  The GE repair guy told me that on average the washing machines last 6 - 7 years.  Terrible. So if it craps out in 7 years that is about $80.00 to $100.00 per year in depreciation--much more than they figured in their calculations.

https://lula.life/cost-of-doing-laundry

Combining all of these factors, the average cost of a load of laundry is $1.27.
Your time is worth something. You can always do something else while the machines are working. You go to a laundromat, you have to stick around twiddling your thumbs waiting for your machine to finish. You also have to figure the time and cost of driving back and forth.

You may also end up with aching where some just got through washing a load of diapers....
VH07V  
(03-19-2021, 03:32 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Your time is worth something. You can always do something else while the machines are working. You go to a laundromat, you have to stick around twiddling your thumbs waiting for your machine to finish. You also have to figure the time and cost of driving back and forth.

You may also end up with aching where some just got through washing a load of diapers....

And hot summer days are not fun at a laundramat.

[Image: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg]